• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade for Andrelton Simmons - Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis & $2.5mm to Braves $*#&

nate

Simmons is crazy good and any team would be lucky to have him at SS.

But this is way too much to pay.

Unless... well...can Simmons lead off?

Aybar sure couldn't, and we wont have an offense unless we get someone who can really lead off.

Simmons' career OBP is .304, so, no.

Simmons is crazy good and any team would be lucky to have him at SS.

But this is way too much to pay.

Unless... well...can Simmons lead off?

Aybar sure couldn't, and we wont have an offense unless we get someone who can really lead off.

For the Braves.  He was their #7/#8 hitter last year.  

I kind of expected Ellis to be gone if this trade were to happen, but Newcomb? How in the hell?

We also just went back to having the worst farm system in baseball by a wide margin.

I mean, I really like Simmons. He locks down the SS position for the next 5 years. But there is no reason to give up your top 2 prospects along with your shortstop who is already pretty damn good himself. Aybar, Ellis, and a relief prospect I can get. But this is absurd.

So what does this mean for Baldoquin? Do they intend on making him a 2B going forward or are they just gonna go and trade him as well?

It means the guy that was part of a team with a massive international department and scouting network doesn't think much of JD's guy.  On the plus side we will be able to spend on International FAs again in two years.

I'm fine with this deal. Simmons for 5 more years with A++ defense is much better than anything Aybar provides. Prospects are not a guarantee. Nuke has a great chance of being a front of the rotation guy in 3-5 years. I think this means we're going hard after FA pitchers. Price, Greinke, Zimm, Cueto, etc. Makes no sense to trade these two pitchers and not go all in on FAs.