• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade for Andrelton Simmons - Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis & $2.5mm to Braves $*#&

nate

Nice fake link...

But here's a real one

Well, @BU37NA you're ignoring 3 years of defensive metrics. Defensive Runs Saved 2013-15:1. Simmons 94. 2. Cozart, Crawford 30 4. Hardy 22.

Yeah.

In all honesty, Simmons is going to be fun to watch and I'm hyped to have him. I hate losing Newk. He's going to be a solid #2 if not better. However, ATL is not known for being very good at developing pitchers so we will see. Ellis is going to be a #4/5 so I'm not too upset about losing him.

We just got Erick Aybar at his prime age with huge upside. We all love Erick but that last series of the season was a preview of whats to come. Your losing a few SB for more range and then just cut that bat wag, close up the stance slightly, and you've got something. He doesn't walk much yet but he also doesn't strike out. The balls in play will eventually fall Simmons way. As for Sean, he looks like Lester (Before these last few years) but we don't need SP down the road, We've got that contained for now. Especially if we sign Jordan Zimmermann. How do you guys feel about letting Collin Cowgill being a right handed Geraldo Parra type and convincing Dexter to come aboard?

I got busy at work and come back to this news and an 11 page thread.  I saw this AM people said there were talks Simmons was on the move possibly here or to an NL West team.  Only time will tell as results are what matters and maybe Newcomb never develops into what people think he can but on paper the Angels got taken behind the woodshed on this deal.  SS defense is huge but it's a lot to give up.  

You know, this is going to make the Angels a great team in 2016. I think I feel good about it. I think it's pretty clear that the Angels are going to be spending a lot of money this offseason. A move like this indicates that the team is in a "win now" mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Greinke, Price, or Zimmermann (i.e.: a top SP).

Edited by failos

You know, this is going to make the Angels a great team in 2016. I think I feel good about it. I think it's pretty clear that the Angels are going to be spending a lot of money this offseason. A move like this indicates that the team is in a "win now" mode.

I agree. They need to focus on the here and now with Trout. If Arte is willing to open his pocket book sign a pitcher and an impact bat in order to compete now and for the next few years, this is a good trade.