• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

Complete bull****.  If he wants out of So Cal, then he should have agreed to a buyout.  So Hamilton gets what he wants, the Rangers get a low risk high reward player, and the Angels still are stuck paying this idiots contract.  Everyone wins except the Angels here.  

This is what I don't understand.  The Angels are rewarding him.  It makes zero sense.

I am so confused.  Arte hated Hamilton so much that he did him a favor and paid Taxes 70 million or whatever so Josh could play for the team he wants to even though Josh signed a contract that stated he would be an Angel for the next 5 years?  If Josh didn't want to be in Anaheim, why did Arte have to bend over backwards to trade him to Texas?  What am I missing here?  Did the MLBPA bully Arte?  Is this a case of drug addicts get their way all the time no matter what? 

The irony here if Hamilton returns to his old self -- his relapse will end up being punitive only to the Angels, never to Hamilton himself. 

It's like the bad guy shooting the cop in the head with the cop's own gun and walking away a free man. 

Josh just said he got things cleaned up and fixed in his body that have been bothering him for a couple years.  Wow.  What a total ass.  He doesn't get things fixed while he is under contract with the Angels.

LOL, now he is saying that he knows he was a disappointment and that he doesn't know what Arte is talking about with him not being accountable.  He says he tried to make this his best season with the Angels but they didn't want him to for some reason.  He also stated that Arte knew the risk of signing him.  He is also getting a little testy with the questions. I am sure a summary will be made available soon.  He is now talking about his support system changed and it wasn't his fault.  EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES!!!

Edited by beatlesrule

This is what I don't understand.  The Angels are rewarding him.  It makes zero sense.

If they cut him, he signs with Texas, the Angels get no relief and whatever he makes in Texas is on top of what he makes with the Angels.

I don't see how this is hard to understand.  His no-trade clause makes it impossible to trade him without his consent.  This isn't difficult.

What if they think he'll probably relapse again in Texas and get suspended this time? The Angels will save a ton of money if that happens.

Cocaine is a demon that never gives up. Is Hamilton getting the help and support he needs to keep clean? Not from what we've been hearing.

This guy needs an accountability team, not just one partner.

From what I read, sounds like the Angels are on the hook for all but $8M:

"The Rangers will reportedly pay Hamilton just $2-3MM of what he’s owed, and Hamilton will give up about $6MM worth of guaranteed money, which will be offset by the lack of income tax in the state of Texas. The Angels are saving somewhere in the vicinity of $8MM of what he’s owed over the rest of his contract, and the deal has reportedly been restructured to give Hamilton an opt-out clause with a significant buyout following the 2016 season."

Only thing I've seen is ESPN saying Texas is paying less than 7mm and Josh is forfeiting 6mm.

He's lashing out pretty good on the Angels, blaming everyone but himself.  Now he's arguing with reporters.  Really coming off like an ass.

The man is very troubled. This might not end well for him unless he turns his attitude around 180 degrees.

Just my two cents, looking in at a distance. I wish him nothing but the best, as a person.

"Make no mistake, here: the Angels boned themselves, and hard. Potential trading partners only knew of their desperation because they leaked classified details of Hamilton’s hearing in a venal attempt to get him suspended. His trade value became so low only because they themselves spiked it."

Yikes

Hamilton said if #Angels had put their arm around him after relapse, he would've "been playing probably a month ago." - Alden Gonzalez

Wtf?

Paraphrasing Jackie DeShannon, "What this team needs now is love, sweet love...it's the only thing that there's just too little of."

Angels FO are a bunch of meanies. Poor Josh.

Hamilton is finding it tough to be accountable.

Arte found it hard to resist big name declining years FAs.

Culpability on both sides!

And Arte is being held responsible by paying $70+ million while Josh is full of excuses.  Support system changed "not all his own doing".  Own your mistakes Josh.  Good riddance.

Edited by jordan111280