• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

The sports talk radio guys on ESPN Radio here got off on the Hamilton topic this afternoon. They kept going on about how this deal made sense for Texas and how the Angels were stupid. I'm thinking to myself, have you even seen this guy play for the past two years, and have you followed nothing this season? He wasn't even communicating with his employer. He seemed totally unmotivated to play, he did not let the team evaluate him or his progress in rehabilitation, and now he's a potential bargain for the Rangers?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The sports talk radio guys on ESPN Radio here got off on the Hamilton topic this afternoon. They kept going on about how this deal made sense for Texas and how the Angels were stupid. I'm thinking to myself, have you even seen this guy play for the past two years, and have you followed nothing this season? He wasn't even communicating with his employer. He seemed totally unmotivated to play, he did not let the team evaluate him or his progress in rehabilitation, and now he's a potential bargain for the Rangers?

Unmotivated to play ... you my friend are grasping at straws.

Hamilton said during a news conference. "I worked my butt off to be that guy this year going into this season for the Angels. They just didn't want that to happen for some reason."

On the 15-day disabled list while recovering right shoulder surgery on Feb. 4, Hamilton took a physical and will report Tuesday to the Rangers' spring training complex in Surprise, Arizona.

Lol, for "some reason"? Really Josh?

And he will report to AZ for them

Hamilton said during a news conference. "I worked my butt off to be that guy this year going into this season for the Angels. They just didn't want that to happen for some reason."

On the 15-day disabled list while recovering right shoulder surgery on Feb. 4, Hamilton took a physical and will report Tuesday to the Rangers' spring training complex in Surprise, Arizona.

Lol, for "some reason"? Really Josh?

And he will report to AZ for them

You saw that the thing about Hamilton refusing to report to Arizona was false, right?

Incredibly stupid move by the Angels from a financial standpoint. Josh clearly hated everything about playing for the Angels, so much so he started snorting coke and ran away to hide on a friend's ranch instead of having to report to ST. I think there was a 99% chance he would have voided his own contract by never leaving Texas.

Instead, the Angels gift him to the ONLY team that he will show up and suck for.

So, are you saying he snorted coke because he hated playing for the Angels? That is a bit of a stretch.

that's a very interesting comment

what a complete fu**ing a**hole.

if you wanted to be "that guy this year going into the season" you wouldn't have jammed that straw up your nose

a**wipe

You saw that the thing about Hamilton refusing to report to Arizona was false, right?

I thought he refused to report to the Angels rehab facility in Arizona. I know there was no trade to AZ in the works.

Has that changed?

what an expensive lesson -- bottom line -- don't sign guys with drug and alcohol related issues. Period. If you insist on signing such a player, sign that player to a very short term, incentive laden contract.

Arte knew better and signed Hamilton --- for  whatever reason -- which I will NEVER understand -- but these teams (especially those that share markets) feel they have to one - up other teams (particularly the other team in the same market) during off-season F/A signings..........look at some of the bad signings the Angels (and other teams)  have made and the F/A atmosphere in which they were made --- ANGELS -- GMJ, Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton --- in each one the other team in the market had made some major moves and then there's this almost knee jerk reaction of 'we've gotta do something' when, actually, at that point, with many of the key F/A gone and the best bargain F/A signed, the best thing to do is NOTHING.

Arte knows this about Hamilton and he's likely very upset not just at Hamilton for his conduct but at himself because knew better and did it anyway.

I think this experience will likely affect the Halos F/A signings this off-season and into the future......not only from a financial standpoint - -Halos still on the hook for much of Hamilton's contract -- but Halos are going to be skittish at big dollar free agents..........I don't blame them.......let's go Billy Beane on MLB.  seems to work up there. And we've already have Trout locked up fairly long term........

ESPN Baseball Tonight discussing the Hamilton deal.

same old stuff -- 'Angels should have never signed him............"

and then there's some coddling of Hamilton -- why?

oh well, turn the page.

Hamilton and MLBPA win this one (a pretty big battle) but they may lose the war when players with any kind of 'alcohol/ drug' abuse issues fail to get MLB contracts.......perhaps MLB will go to the NBA model with these kind of guys -- 10 day contracts..........

I'm starting to believe that Josh Hamilton made up the Coke use so that he could go back to the Rangers.  He made several comments about how he really just wanted to play in Texas.  I'm not sure if he thought his plan would work or not, in the end, it did.

While I love a good conspiracy, there is no way he would risk being suspended and losing millions of dollars.

I thought he refused to report to the Angels rehab facility in Arizona. I know there was no trade to AZ in the works.

Has that changed?

I mentioned on one of these threads that the while refusing to report thing was just reported by one outlet and not reported by anyone else. It seemed unlikely to me all along so I said we ought to reserve judgment on that one.

Turns out its not true.