• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

It doesn't sound as though Rangers fans are at all happy to have him back. Assuming he ever gets himself in gear and plays again, it's going to be interesting to see where he's booed more, at home or at Angels Stadium.

========================================

You have to have been to numerous games with Ranger fans here.  When he left he was the biggest drug addict on the planet and good riddance.  Poll on news the other day had 90% welcoming him back, because everyone needs a second chance. 

All teams fans are fickle. I would imagine his first fan reaction in Arlington will be mumbles and a few tennis claps to see what he does before they turn on him again. 

I think a lot of Angels fans voted on that poll to try to convince the Rangers to take him back, actually...that was said here.

The response on the Rangers' Facebook page right now is not 90% warm and fuzzy. Of course the folks commenting on Facebook are a very small part of the fan base, but they don't seem happy.

Hamilton: "I have no clue what he's (Arte) talking about. ...He knew what the deal was when he signed me."

Wh... what???  This is a bullshit thing to say.

wow, talk about not accepting any responsibility.

he might just as well have said "it was natural that i would relapse, and it shouldn't have come as a surprise to arte."

I'm so tired of people saying it is Arte's fault in all of this....

The Angels believed in the MVP Josh Hamilton, so much so that they invested a ton of money on him, gave him his accountability partner, and welcomed him here with open arms---even knowing he was an addict.  

Josh has been through rehab (probably several times), and no doubt was told a billion times during rehab that any time you feel the need to abuse again, CALL SOMEBODY:  An accountability partner, a trusted friend, family members, one of the numerous teammates you've had thru the years, church friends, hell...go to local AA meeting and just sit there.   Or simply, think of your beautiful daughter's faces and realize you are hurting them beyond belief..

Josh MADE THE CHOICE to buy or call someone to supply a drug to him, sat with the drug in hand knowing it could change his life once again, and HE CHOSE to ingest said drug.....He needs to be accountable for his choice to abuse again--it's not Arte's fault. 

God bless those of you out there that are recovering addicts who do not have the endless supply of emotional support that Josh was given, and you rose above it all and made the CHOICE of not abusing drugs again.  Yes, a daily struggle for sure, but you did it!!!!  Congrats to you and I pray that you continue in your recovery.

Josh, I have no sympathy for, sorry.  Good riddance club house cancer!!!

Edited by Angel_Fan_4_Life

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels still only expected to get cash in the Josh Hamilton trade, told they'll get "significant" break on their CBT payroll.

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels began the season at roughly $12.5M below tax threshold. Number now closer to $20M below, per source.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Yes, I expect the #Angels to eventually get a bat. Just not now. Trade probably doesn't change much for potential Huston Street extension.

Edited by SoWhat

Man I am so tempted to go on a tirade about the whole situation...it doesn't matter though I guess. All I know is Josh is ending up winning big time at the end of this chapter and the Angels are just going to have to turn the page from just another mistake from the organization.

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels still only expected to get cash in the Josh Hamilton trade, told they'll get "significant" break on their CBT payroll.

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels began the season at roughly $12.5M below tax threshold. Number now closer to $20M below, per source.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Yes, I expect the #Angels to eventually get a bat. Just not now. Trade probably doesn't change much for potential Huston Street extension.

Nice.

hmmmmm.  the league helping them out a bit.  curious.  

If they cut him, he signs with Texas, the Angels get no relief and whatever he makes in Texas is on top of what he makes with the Angels.

I don't see how this is hard to understand.  His no-trade clause makes it impossible to trade him without his consent.  This isn't difficult.

Bingo....  This was their best deal.

Exactly how high was trade value prior to the shenanigans? 

In fact the team's action might have HELPED the trade value IF he was against being traded anywhere prior to the team hurting his feelings. Doesn't necessarily sound like this is the case but I'd put it in the plausible category.