• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

I mentioned on one of these threads that the while refusing to report thing was just reported by one outlet and not reported by anyone else. It seemed unlikely to me all along so I said we ought to reserve judgment on that one.

Turns out its not true.

It's interesting that Josh will now be tested 5 days a week and for drugs and alcohol which I thought was the real problem to begin with. I just have a hunch that he may have been tilting a few last season but it wasn't a violation last season. 

Then don't trade him.  Very simple.  Don't reward his terrible behavior.  There is obviously more to it.  The MLBPA had to have a hand in all of this.

At this point the leadership of the Angels has to be concerned with what is best for the Angels organization moving forward. Maybe there's some legitimate concern about aiding a division rival but does anyone really think he's ever going to be a regular contributor again? I don't.

The reality of signing him to a $125 million guaranteed contract is that you owe him $125 million. Recouping part of that and being rid of him is the priority. Being punitive if possible is just a bonus.

Viewing this from the perspective of "rewarding" Hamilton is backwards and really the kind of obsessive ex-boyfriend crap that gets you a restraining order and jail time.

Edited by arch stanton

So can I actively root for Hamilton to relapse again? Will it help the Angels' out financially at all? If so, I'll supply the blow! C'mon Hammy, I'll be in Dallas in November!

Ha I've been hesitant to ask this, does it make me a POS human to root for it?

This guy just took Arte to the cleaners. He refuses to accept any responsibility for his own actions. I've always rooted for Hamilton but it's pretty clear this guy is a POS.

So I could search through this thread page by page but how much are we saving a year with this crap hole of a deal?

Talk about getting a ****ing raw deal on the entire scenario from day one.

This has easily been one of the ugliest signings in my baseball memory. Makes the A-Rod's contract look like a stroke of ****ing genius. 

There was actually never an offer presented to him to veto. He made it clear he only wanted to go to the Rangers so nothing else got that far.

So...Rangers or bust.

Given the circumstances, the Angels got as much as they could get from this deal.

If he ever makes it back to the majors, on his first visit to Anaheim I'll be disappointed if there aren't at least a few bags of white powder tossed onto the field.  (baking powder is fine.  I know real blow is expensive)

There was actually never an offer presented to him to veto. He made it clear he only wanted to go to the Rangers so nothing else got that far.

from your understanding, was it more like they tried to just void, figured out they couldnt, and hamilton and the angels decided (together) that going to another team was in the best interest of both?

If he ever makes it back to the majors, on his first visit to Anaheim I'll be disappointed if there aren't at least a few bags of white powder tossed onto the field.  (baking powder is fine.  I know real blow is expensive)

I don't know if this is written in jest or not, but to be clear, this is a very stupid idea.

I don't know if this is written in jest or not, but to be clear, this is a very stupid idea.

What, the entire stadium getting evacuated in the post 9-11 world doesn't seem like a good and fun idea to you?