• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

I don't get this statement. Why give Josh what he wants after all the things he's done? Why reward him for his behavior? Did the MLBPA force the Angels to give Josh what he wants? Is Josh some kind of king or god that I don't know about?

Because what he couldn't say was that Arte got what he wanted. In reality, they both got what they wanted. Josh gets to play elsewhere and Arte wanted to see him play elsewhere. Arte wanted it so badly that he's willing to pay for the privilege.

If the numbers Fletcher is quoting are correct (20 mil cap savings), then the Angels are making out a lot better than I thought they would. The real dollar payout matters less than the luxury cap hit IMO. The actual dollars are a sunk cost.

That's 20M over 3 years. I think most of it is this year and next year and not much in 2017. (8-8-4ish. Just a guess.)

And the cap savings and the real savings are the same amount.

That's 20M over 3 years. I think most of it is this year and next year and not much in 2017. (8-8-4ish. Just a guess.)

And the cap savings and the real savings are the same amount.

Yup, understood it was over the length of the deal...  Thats pretty sweet.  BTW, thanks for all the interaction with us during this mess, it's been really nice to get an insider's account of things.

Incredibly stupid move by the Angels from a financial standpoint. Josh clearly hated everything about playing for the Angels, so much so he started snorting coke and ran away to hide on a friend's ranch instead of having to report to ST. I think there was a 99% chance he would have voided his own contract by never leaving Texas.

Instead, the Angels gift him to the ONLY team that he will show up and suck for.

if that were the case im sure they would have gone that route. But i doubt he would have left 80 mill behind. I think the fear was hed keep having ghost injuries and dragging the inevitable out

You've been wrong about Hamilton every step of the way. Never stop being you.

I was right about him being traded to Texas. The rest is all still debatable.

Being self employed in the auto sales business you see many drug addicts. You probably bought your car from a user. Coke or meth addicts actually make for really good sales people. I won't knowing ever hire a current or former drug addict for many reasons ... even though I would make more sales.

I think most drug counsellors will tell you the Josh's history as a former user a been well above the norm. He would get high marks .. Arte should of know that a relapse was in order down the road.

I'm really not siding with anyone.

Edited by Troll Daddy