• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

from your understanding, was it more like they tried to just void, figured out they couldnt, and hamilton and the angels decided (together) that going to another team was in the best interest of both?

Voiding the entire deal was never a real possibility. It would have been a practically impossible case to make.

In the end, they essentially got Hamilton to accept a buyout, which I thought was unlikely. It was a very small buyout (after taxes) but I guess Hamilton felt it was worth it as opposed to fighting for every penny and either playing someplace he wasn't happy or pouting until the Angels released him. He gave up $4-5M to get the matter closed and get where he wanted to be right now.

It was a lucky break that the place Hamilton wanted to be was a place with no income tax, so the Angels could save money that none of the other parties were paying.

So can I actively root for Hamilton to relapse again? Will it help the Angels' out financially at all? If so, I'll supply the blow! C'mon Hammy, I'll be in Dallas in November!

This is ridiculous...............November is too late.  You need to be there no later than June.

• 5 months later...

Why are you upset at Arte?

I would rather Arte pay him to sit on the bench and rot, than go to Texas, have a blast and crush two homers on us in our biggest game of the year. 

And you just know it would happen, because this team is literally the dumbest team in baseball, and probably the only team to give him 2 pitches right in his wheelhouse, when he would normally strike out on his own chasing pitches.  We should know that good and well, but of course, we have an idiot running this team.  It all circles back to Arte.  You can thank him for all of it.  

But then again you still defend Scioscias "take the extra base/make costly outs on the bases" mentality.  So I dont know why I even waste my time explaining this.

Well I'm sure Scioscia said to Hector and Latos to groove pitches to Hamilton, then told Alvarez to strike him out on pitches away. As far as the other stuff goes with the base running I'm sure you'd prefer a very boring station to station team every single time because heaven for bid we have a close play at third or home. You'd prefer players go home with no dirt on their uniforms because if they had to slide then it was close and if it was close it was a bad decision. Now do I really think that's what you want no, but that is the broad strokes your painting me with.

Arte looks like a fool because he was the driving force who wanted to sign him despite all of the red flags and then once it blew up in his face he threw a tantrum. I'm glad Josh is gone because I couldn't stand watching him play on this team, but they never should have even bothered to sign him in the first place. So many warning signs with his on field performance and obviously his issues off the field. WAs there any other team that was seriously pursuing him other than Texas? His market was quiet and all of a sudden the Angels offer him 5 years when Texas wouldn't budge at 4.

Hope Arte learned his lesson.

And no, despite what the karma weirdos will say, Josh did not knock the Angels out of the playoffs. They did that themselves

Edited by bloodbrother

Well I'm sure Scioscia said to Hector and Latos to groove pitches to Hamilton, then told Alvarez to strike him out on pitches away. As far as the other stuff goes with the base running I'm sure you'd prefer a very boring station to station team every single time because heaven for bid we have a close play at third or home. You'd prefer players go home with no dirt on their uniforms because if they had to slide then it was close and if it was close it was a bad decision. Now do I really think that's what you want no, but that is the broad strokes your painting me with.

Its hilarious you can defend this teams baserunning all season.  I really just dont know what to tell you.  Were all watching the games, we can all see it, except you.  I dont know how you can honestly say that this teams stupid baserunning approach is helping this team.  We have seen so many examples of these last 5 games alone.  

You dont have to be a "station to station" team if you have some common sense.  Please explain to me, how is going for 3rd base with 2 outs a good idea?