• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

this comes on the heels of a big protest last weekend with the theme of "f*ck the cops" where a bunch of hooligans tried to shut down the transit system, graffiti'd everywhere, poored glue into transit token machines, and demanded the removal of police. it may have been an antifa thing. but clearly, there has been a dramatic surge to attack police in new york.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Don said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cellphone-video-shows-georgia-jogger-allegedly-ambushed-gunmen/story?id=70509641

Besides being a pretty freaking obvious murder, it's also a really bad look for the police/DA in the area.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:53 PM, Don said:

Incredible they weren’t arrested the day of.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:01 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Absolutely.  It’s obscene. 

So I've seen the video and heard all the stories. I do not understand the mental gymnastics it takes to defend these guys murdering this kid. I carry a firearm everywhere I am legally allowed to but I  don't do so with the intent to stop crime as it's there in case I happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The 2nd amendment gives you the right to defend yourself but not to be a vigilante. Even if this kid did just commit a burglary you don't get to chase them down and deal with it yourself. If they caught him in the act and tried to hold him for police then that's fine. If he attacks you while you are holding him then he deserves to get shot. These two dumb asses put themselves into the situation so it's on them. The old man was a former cop and DA investigator so it's obvious to me that there was some level of cover up here. I agree with Noir's assessment here

Edited by Jason

33 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Oops now there’s video of the dude snooping around a construction site just before.  These red necks is gonna get off.

Does one ever not snoop around construction sites? I feel like that's just human nature. And I know you're not serious, but looking around a construction site should not lead to an armed citizen intervention. Especially not one after the fact.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Well there had been recent break-ins in the neighborhood and he’s snooping around a construction site, the hillbillies see him, follow him and confront him.  There’s a skirmish and he gets shot.  I am being serious.  It’s like the Mike Brown situation.  How a thug that robbed a liquor store and then punched a cop set off a movement, I’ll never understand.  

This guy may not have been as innocent as his crying mother wants us to believe.  But thats’s usually the case.

It's the follow and confront part where everything goes wrong, regardless of past behavior or current behavior by the guy at the construction site. Really, anything other than actively stealing something from these people's property or being an imminent violent threat should not lead to any sort of pursuit. Call it in, maybe take a picture, and go about your day. Don't be a hero and mind your own business.

This actually reminds me of a story from when I was a teenager. I had just gotten this new bong, and we were having a barbecue at my house. A couple of my cousins, a friend, and I decide we're gonna go smoke. The bong is in my trunk. We head out to a new housing tract being built, figuring there won't be anybody working there on a weekend, and thus we can take the bong out/smoke without any eyes on us. We get there, pull into a driveway, smoke out, then empty the bong and put it back in the trunk. As the trunk is being closed an armed security guy (not police) pulls up. Probably 50-ish dude. He asks us to open up the trunk, we say no. Obviously he thinks we've stolen something. We tell him we never even went in the (under construction still) house. He threatens to call the cops, we basically tell him to fuck off. We all get in the car, and the dude pulls his freaking gun out. Like he's gonna force us to wait there for the cops. I called his bluff and just drove right past him. Scared of course, but also dumb teenager enough to think that was the right idea. Glad that dude didn't shoot us.

59 minutes ago, Don said:

This actually reminds me of a story from when I was a teenager. I had just gotten this new bong, and we were having a barbecue at my house. A couple of my cousins, a friend, and I decide we're gonna go smoke. The bong is in my trunk. We head out to a new housing tract being built, figuring there won't be anybody working there on a weekend, and thus we can take the bong out/smoke without any eyes on us. We get there, pull into a driveway, smoke out, then empty the bong and put it back in the trunk. As the trunk is being closed an armed security guy (not police) pulls up. Probably 50-ish dude. He asks us to open up the trunk, we say no. Obviously he thinks we've stolen something. We tell him we never even went in the (under construction still) house. He threatens to call the cops, we basically tell him to fuck off. We all get in the car, and the dude pulls his freaking gun out. Like he's gonna force us to wait there for the cops. I called his bluff and just drove right past him. Scared of course, but also dumb teenager enough to think that was the right idea. Glad that dude didn't shoot us.

Did both your buddies give you road head on the way home or just one?

1 hour ago, Don said:

I would have done the same thing if I were stoned

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

The point is this dude may not have been as innocent as portrayed.  When I first heard the story I was like “fuck those rednecks”  but now it comes out that maybe the dude was a fucking criminal after all.  Sigh.  

I follow you. It’s just that one action doesn’t in any way justify the other.