• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

they'll have no choice but to call in the national guard. the police have lost control to the point where the rioters feel emboldened. that will be difficult to settle down, and it's going to be long and terrible for the city to return to normal and rebuild from all the damage.

they cut the gas lines to the police dept. according to reports on the news tonight. another report said the rioters were headed for the armory inside the police dept.

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Not sure about the validity of the source (I leave that up to experts like @Franklin Bluth) however this could be a huge plot twist if true.

https://themindunleashed.com/2020/05/george-floyd-worked-security-at-the-same-nightclub-as-the-officer-who-killed-him.html

Is it common for police officers to have second jobs?

On 7/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, fan_since79 said:

Cop who shot woman in Minneapolis has a record of complaints.

She apparently made the mistake of leaning into a police car. He was in the passenger seat and shot her through the driver's side window. The driver is a rookie cop and is reportedly stunned by what happened. No body cameras turned on, and the car's dashboard camera did not capture the shooting.

Poor lady called 911 to report an assault happening and got too close to the police car. Cop has a quick trigger finger.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/justine-ruszczyk-case-aussiekiller-cop-had-record-of-complaints/news-story/380b34901edbb7263ac15860bf7ef908

Remember when everyone burned Minneapolis down for a black cop killing an innocent white woman?

What's that you say? They only had peaceful protests? Oh never mind then.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/neighbour-of-justine-damonds-killer-gives-shocking-new-insight-into-his-behaviour/news-story/34eb2c08676af98afc376d83aaff31dd

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Remember when everyone burned Minneapolis down for a black cop killing an innocent white woman?

What's that you say? They only had peaceful protests? Oh never mind then.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/neighbour-of-justine-damonds-killer-gives-shocking-new-insight-into-his-behaviour/news-story/34eb2c08676af98afc376d83aaff31dd

Oh yeah, that's totally comparable as long as you completely ignore the different historical and societal contexts of the two cases. 

1 minute ago, Angels Never Die said:

Oh yeah, that's totally comparable as long as you completely ignore the different historical and societal contexts of the two cases. 

Should I have burned down the State Capital Building when Newsom took away my right to assemble these past few months?

2 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Using that rationale it doesn't sound like there's any way to compare when a white cop kills a person of color to when a non-white cop kills a white person and there never will be.  

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Should I have burned down the State Capital Building when Newsom took away my right to assemble these past few months?

Considering one is in the context of a temporary response to an extremely unique circumstance of a pandemic that is extremely important we curtail through social distancing policies, and one is in the context of centuries of unjustified racist oppression of black people by the state, I think it's a tad fucking different.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Using that rationale it doesn't sound like there's any way to compare when a white cop kills a person of color to when a non-white cop kills a white person and there never will be.  

I mean, they're both relevant to the general discussion of police abuse of power, but no, they're not comparable in the sense that white people have not been historically systemically targeted by the police in the same way that black people have. It's completely dishonest to suggest the societal contexts are the same.

Just now, Angels Never Die said:

Considering one is in the context of a temporary response to an extremely unique circumstance of a pandemic that is extremely important we curtail through social distancing policies, and one is in the context of centuries of unjustified racist oppression of black people by the state, I think it's a tad fucking different.

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure since you seem to be the arbiter of who can destroy public/private property and who can't.

8 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

I mean, they're both relevant to the general discussion of police abuse of power, but no, they're not comparable in the sense that white people have not been historically systemically targeted by the police in the same way that black people have. It's completely dishonest to suggest the societal contexts are the same.

So no they can't ever be compared because of the countries history which there's no changing.  Floyd didn't deserve to die and neither did numerous other people of all colors who have been killed by cops when deadly force wasn't necessary.  Racism will always exist and people will always use it as an excuse whether valid or not.  Meanwhile the media will continue to drive the divide because that's what they seem to do best and in the end none of us are better off for it.  I realize we can't just move past it nor should people be expected to but there are some ways every person can reduce the likelihood of being confronted by cops or at the very least prevent those confrontations from turning physical.  I'd like to think cops don't regularly just beat up on people particularly in this day and age with body cams, cell phones and social media.       

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure since you seem to be the arbiter of who can destroy public/private property and who can't.

Oh yeah, it's that simple. Either it's always ok, or it's never ok huh? The preceding events have no fucking relevance whatsoever. 

You are being very dishonest in your framing of the two things, and clearly reaching for some imagined double standard where you've been victimized the way black people have in this country by the police.