• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m firmly in the camp of murder is wrong, rioting is less wrong, looting is less less wrong and that a large number of the people doing the looting are being advantages of the situation and care very little about the social injustice of the black man that was murdered.  I will not feel bad if the looters get roughed up by the National Guard if they get called in, not even a little bit, regardless of color.  

Looting starts, shooting starts?

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Dude, you got that already. You're just too ego bound to see it. 

Here, for your tiny IDs satisfaction.

I was wrong about the timeline.

The rioting is unlawful and wrong considering the cry is for justice and those involved have been charged. 

Of course rioting is unlawful, that doesn't need to be said as everyone knows that. As far as it being wrong, I'd say it's extremely complex, especially when Chauvin was arrested after police clashed with protesters and riots ensued. It's an oversimplification that these riots are only about George Floyd's murder, these riots are clearly in response to a larger culture of black people being treated as disposable by police for a long time. To expect riots to just stop once he's been arrested is a little naive, as riots aren't really led by some formal committee. 

Honest question: are you fundamentally against political violence?

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m firmly in the camp of murder is wrong, rioting is less wrong, looting is less less wrong and that a large number of the people doing the looting are being advantages of the situation and care very little about the social injustice of the black man that was murdered.  I will not feel bad if the looters get roughed up by the National Guard if they get called in, not even a little bit, regardless of color.  

I can totally see the Antifa assholes being behind much of it 

1 hour ago, Angels Never Die said:

Honest question: are you fundamentally against political violence?

Yes. Would you be the same if your family members were harmed because of an incident as this?

Or are you ok simply it is someone else taking the financial, emotional and human toll that were not directly involved? 

Just now, Tank said:

Who do you think is behind a lot of this?

The same people who were behind the looting and rioting in Ferguson: People from out of town coming to take advantage of the situation to get free shit and cause a ruckus. 

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Of course you guys think that.

You think it’s actually black people that care about systemic racism and George Floyd? I’ve seen a shit ton of white folks out there doing it 

Edited by Jason

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

You think it’s actually black people that care about systemic racism and George Floyd? I’ve seen a shit ton of white folks out there doing it 

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The same people who were behind the looting and rioting in Ferguson: People from out of town coming to take advantage of the situation to get free shit and cause a ruckus. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Um, OK. An article that seeks to legitimize the three-fifths compromise by explaining the three-fifths compromise. Is that article trying to argue that the Founding Fathers weren't racist? Lulz

Now, post an apologist link for the other 7 things I referenced.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yes. Would you be the same if your family members were harmed because of an incident as this?

Or are you ok simply it is someone else taking the financial, emotional and human toll that were not directly involved? 

How would you feel if your family and community were harassed and harmed and killed and over-policed and over-incarcerated and treated like they were disposable for generations? I certainly would be upset if my family were harmed by rioters (duh), just like I'd be upset if they were harmed by the police. I don't see how your question is relevant. This reaction is a reaction to something very fucking serious that affects black people on a daily basis, it's an existential threat. Is this an ideal solution? Fuck no, but is it understandable and justifiable based on the gravity of things? Yes. I don't put a lot of stock in the "what if my family were harmed" position because it implies that somehow harm coming to me is unacceptable, but the harm coming to black communities is acceptable. People in power need to see that there will be consequences to this injustice. Why are people so much more upset about some property getting stolen and damaged than they are about black people getting treated like second class citizens? Riots are inevitable when you push people this far. 

If you're fundamentally against political violence though, there isn't a whole lot I can say to convince you, which is fine. It wasn't that long ago when I was saying the same thing.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You didn't answer the questions posed. Is there a reason?

I thought I gave a sufficient response, but I guess not. I think your question is stupid because I don't think my feelings in response to my family being harmed have any relevance to the topic, you're just trying to get some meaningless hypocrisy gotcha. I don't know how I'd feel afterwards, but I hope I wouldn't change my view on it just because it happened to land on my doorstep. If I did though, I don't think it would aid your argument in the slightest. It's like a religious person bragging about a deathbed conversion, wow you must be so proud that your belief was more palatable to someone who was scared, in pain, and vulnerable. It's not an impressive argument, nor is it relevant to the points I made.

• 2 months later...