• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

Ok, this first link I really don't have a problem with.  The guy videotaping was being a douchebag.  If he just would have been quieter they wouldn't have done anything.

They second link is basically a murder.  It is so disgusting I can't even comment.  I'm glad Blarg thinks it's funny though.

I do wonder what percent of cops are these crazy aggressive ego maniac control freaks with superiority complexes. I still would guess the percentage is low, but when they snap they kill people, then seem to be protected.

I think the more appropriate question is what percentage are NOT...

I do wonder what percent of cops are these crazy aggressive ego maniac control freaks with superiority complexes. I still would guess the percentage is low, but when they snap they kill people, then seem to be protected.

i agree. 

i think there is a lack of appreciation for all the crap police officers have to go through. most can handle it, some can't. you only hope that those who can't handle it are picked from the herd before a tragedy happens. 

I've said this before but it's not that I think a majority of cops are just bad guys but I do think a majority of cops know that bad behavior is going on around them and at best don't do anything and at worst help cover it up.

And here is the real problem. It's never about the problem people in an organization or society ( or the good apples, either). It's about the broad base of individuals and how they deal with the problem. There's always going to be bad cops or bad citizens. The problem is when the base refuses to deal with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a story that I though I'd share that happened this past weekend.  My friends and I went out to the bars in Newport.  We always have a designated driver who doesn't have a single drink, and rotate accordingly as each weekend goes by.  

My "lucky" friend was pulled over on the 55 by the CHP.  He pulled my friend, the driver, out of the car and "questioned" him.  His questions began with how much my friend had to drink to which my friend replied, "none." He asked it again and told my friend not to lie this time.  My friend answered exactly the same.  The cop then threatened my friend with jail if he "kept this up."  Finally, my friend asked for a breathalyzer test.  The cop was furious and got into his face and yelled at him, "are you telling me how to do my job?"  After another 15 minutes the cop along with his three friends (back up that came) left us to go home.

I couldn't believe it.  They were trying to essentially force my friend to admit to drinking even though he didn't.  Unbelievable.

The cop was furious and got into his face and yelled at him, "are you telling me how to do my job?"

And people wonder why I don't have a problem with firefighters (who are friendly and don't ego trip) getting paid 150k a year while with cops I won't hesitate to call "piece of sh*t human beings"...

It's cause for the most part they are.