• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

16 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

I'm talking about the history of our country. 

I don’t know if they kept these stats then but to assume police violence is unique to POC is probably incorrect but yes POC have experienced far more oppression than we have and I won’t argue against that. The systemic racism that they claim exists now is not to the extent as they’d have you believe. Sure, there are plenty of laws you could argue that are but I think they are just bad laws and not necessarily seated in racism. I think the bigger issue is that it pays to have money in our justice system. That’s wrong

Edited by Jason

The lack of action by local officials in Minneapolis makes me think they’re baiting Trump into sending in federal authorities. You have a liberal mayor and a liberal governor who won’t control the riots and in the meantime the city burns. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I don’t know if they kept these stats then but to assume police violence is unique to POC is probably incorrect but yes POC have experienced far more oppression than we have and I won’t argue against that. The systemic racism that they claim exists now is not to the extent as they’d have you believe. Sure, there are plenty of laws you could argue that are but I think they are just bad laws and not necessarily seated in racism. I think the bigger issue is that it pays to have money in our justice system. That’s wrong

The foundation of our country is seeped in racism, from the Declaration of Independence, which endorsed violent colonialism against Native Americans; to the Constitution, which counted black people as 3/5ths human; to Manifest Destiny; to the Doctrine of Discovery; to the Trail of Tears; to the nation fighting a bloody war because half of the country would die and kill to protect their right to enslave black people; to Japanese internment camps; to Jim Crow; to a court system that is rigged against people of color; to "Make America Great Again."

Racism isn't the only social evil in our country, but it does exist, and we can't be intellectually honest without acknowledging that America is historically a racist nation. 

Sorry for the lecture. I just think it's funny when people like LHalo point out that white people don't start riots (which isn't true), implying that black people are somehow deficient or less civilized while ignoring our history.

Ignore that justice isn't an instant, on the spot when dealing with the police. He was fired immediately. He was charged with murder in the shortest turnaround I've ever read about in police misconduct. They have to go through their procedures, he still has rights that have to be observed. 

Now a federal security guard in Oakland is dead, another hospitalized with gunshot wounds and you want to be the rioters advocate playing gotcha games. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Ignore that justice isn't an instant, on the spot when dealing with the police. He was fired immediately. He was charged with murder in the shortest turnaround I've ever read about in police misconduct. They have to go through their procedures, he still has rights that have to be observed. 

Now a federal security guard in Oakland is dead, another hospitalized with gunshot wounds and you want to be the rioters advocate playing gotcha games. 

You said the arrest preceded the riots, it didn't, and now you keep trying to pivot because you got called on it.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Oh ffs you made that point. The rest of your argument for the rioting dies on justice actually being put into motion. 

Yes, I made it, you side stepped it. I'm gonna keep doing this until you admit you tried to gotcha me with something that was entirely untrue.

4 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Yes, I made it, you side stepped it. I'm gonna keep doing this until you admit you tried to gotcha me with something that was entirely untrue.

Dude, you got that already. You're just too ego bound to see it. 

Here, for your tiny IDs satisfaction.

I was wrong about the timeline.

The rioting is unlawful and wrong considering the cry is for justice and those involved have been charged. 

I’m firmly in the camp of murder is wrong, rioting is less wrong, looting is less less wrong and that a large number of the people doing the looting are being advantages of the situation and care very little about the social injustice of the black man that was murdered.  I will not feel bad if the looters get roughed up by the National Guard if they get called in, not even a little bit, regardless of color.