• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

On 8/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, gotbeer said:

If this happened to any of us, we would have been arrested for animal cruelty, but it's just a oops our bad, please respect our authoritay if a cop does it.

Long Beach K-9 dies from being left in hot patrol car

As a former handler, ill chime in here.

The vehicles are equipped for an alert for this... it failed. The cars are AKWAYS running, with the AC.

The device failed.

This isnt on the cop.... I guarantee the cop is closer with his dog than regular dog owners are.

This isnt negligence. Its no different than dying form smoke inhalation if your smoke alarm fails.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread seemed to have cryogenically frozen so I thought I'd thaw it out.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-baltimore-city-salaries-20191007-3dxreljal5b3jgbmfzgx2ic7dm-story.html

Baltimore’s highest-paid city employee is police sergeant charged with assaulting bystander

A suspended police sergeant accused by the Baltimore police commissioner of “tarnishing the badge” was the city’s highest-paid employee during the last fiscal year.

Sgt. Ethan Newberg, a 24-year veteran of the Baltimore Police Department, earned $260,775 in the fiscal year that ended June 30, according to data recently posted on Open Baltimore, the city’s open data website. Overtime more than doubled his base salary of $107,807.

In the previous fiscal year, Newberg ranked second on the list of highest-paid city employees, making $243,132.

Newport Beach firefighters laugh at that salary but in Baltimore the guy was living it up. Feel free to read the entire story before commenting.

Or not. 

On 9/14/2019 at 11:47 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

As a former handler, ill chime in here.

The vehicles are equipped for an alert for this... it failed. The cars are AKWAYS running, with the AC.

The device failed.

This isnt on the cop.... I guarantee the cop is closer with his dog than regular dog owners are.

This isnt negligence. Its no different than dying form smoke inhalation if your smoke alarm fails.

I don't think the above is accurate.

DA has opened a criminal investigation file.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Long-Beach-Police-Dog-Death-Investigative-File-Submitted-to-DA-561266921.html

Edited by yk9001

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nephew-8-room-fort-worth-135607059.html

This one is just freaking sad. Obviously some things were done very wrong here from a procedural standpoint, and it basically ended up resulting in the murder of someone that didn’t appear to do anything wrong. I’d be interested to hear a couple of our LE people here explain the right way to approach a call like the one that prompted officers to arrive.

2 hours ago, Don said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nephew-8-room-fort-worth-135607059.html

This one is just freaking sad. Obviously some things were done very wrong here from a procedural standpoint, and it basically ended up resulting in the murder of someone that didn’t appear to do anything wrong. I’d be interested to hear a couple of our LE people here explain the right way to approach a call like the one that prompted officers to arrive.

i'd be interested in hearing why the officer shot her. the article doesn't give us any info about that.

56 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd be interested in hearing why the officer shot her. the article doesn't give us any info about that.

He was only on the force for just over a year. This was lack of experience and very poor threat assessment. Whatever the reason, it's a bad shoot. All he had to simply do was knock on the damn door and announce himself. Instead he sneaks around back with a flashlight at 2:30 in the morning. If I was the homeowner I would have grabbed my gun too. This guy on this Youtube channel is a former cop and breaks down these types of incidents. 

https://local.theonion.com/911-operator-informs-black-caller-that-death-is-on-the-1839063288

LITTLE ROCK, AR—Reassuring the man that he would receive an immediate response to his emergency, a 911 operator reportedly informed local black caller Jerry Wardell Tuesday that death was on the way. “Thank you for calling 911, please sit tight and don’t worry, first responders will be there to end your life shortly,” said the 911 operator after confirming what Wardell looked like, as well as the identities of others present at the emergency situation, in order to arrange for sufficient agents of death to ensure the expiration of every black life present. “We’ve already dispatched several liquidators into the field, so just remain calm and you should be dead within 10 minutes. If you stay on the line, I’ll be able to talk you through your last breaths and make sure that we’re able to bring you and your loved ones a swift termination.” At press time, the 911 operator was advising the frantic black caller to move to a location where the responding officers would be able to clearly shoot him. 

Edited by yk9001

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...