• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

There is a video running around of what happened after the incident.  She was in full uniform, so I would think that the drunk/drugs while will be important, is probably a non factor.  At least I've never seen a cop at a bar in full uniform drinking it up, ever.  

Again, might be wrong.  But my guess is, she got off on the wrong floor, went to what she thought was her apartment.  And tragedy happened.  

Either way, she will be made a scapegoat no matter what.  #justdoit

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

There is a video running around of what happened after the incident.  She was in full uniform, so I would think that the drunk/drugs while will be important, is probably a non factor.  At least I've never seen a cop at a bar in full uniform drinking it up, ever.  

Again, might be wrong.  But my guess is, she got off on the wrong floor, went to what she thought was her apartment.  And tragedy happened.  

I don't get the scapegoat comment.  She killed the guy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/witness-reveals-apparent-last-words-of-man-shot-dead-by-cop-lawyer-says/ar-BBNb2sz?li=BBnb7Kz

Not a good look even if she is telling the truth. I’m not a legal expert by any means, much less so on the specifics of law in Texas; but if the officer were a civilian, would this be a manslaughter charge, a murder charge, or something else?

ok, so she parks her car and enters what she believes is her residence. Then: 

1. she shoots the guy

2. she calls 911

3. she is asked her location

4. she goes out to check the unit number

I have been asked my address quite a few times over the phone, including quite a bit by 911 operators, and not once have I had to go out and check my address. 

1. There is a bright red floor mat outside the guys apartment.  No way she saw that and said this is my apartment.

2. Neighbors heard her screaming, "Let me in, let me in." right before the shooting.

3. She had made a noise complaint against the victim earlier that day.

Most likely after getting off her 15 hour shift she went home to her apartment, but couldn't sleep because the noise he was making upstairs, so she went up to confront him.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, gotbeer said:

She fucking killed somebody...in their apartment...and yet she's the scapegoat?

If she wasn't a police officer (and the victim wasn't black), it certainly wouldn't have taken 3 days before she was initially arrested and at some point you can probably expect the victim to get blamed...I mean...sure, he was in his own apartment...but why didn't he follow the verbal commands of someone who broke into his apartment.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:16 PM, gotbeer said:

Scapegoat?  Seriously?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, Lou said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/us/dallas-police-officer-botham-jean/index.htm

Dallas police officer who shot man in his own apartment indicted on murder charge

Still waiting for the trial on that one. Such an odd incident. On the one hand, err....wrong apartment. (Sounds super unlikely, but?...). But more so im wondering if there was history. 

Hard to believe she was simply that inept. I get it looked like her apartment (they all look alike on each floor). But how did she get in (door open?) Didnt the furniture look different? Etc etc

Be interesting to hear the testimony.

• 1 month later...