• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiPoto speaks

I'm guessing part of the reason that, even though Jerry resigned mid-season, he was still able to land a GM job so quickly, was the Anaheim situation - the dynamic working for Scioscia and Arte - was known and was not held against him.  Obviously, the people who felt "you be quitter, Jerry" didn't resonate with the M's or others within the industry in regards to the context of his previous situation.

Unless he gets anything but support and autonomy from the joke of a front office we have, I hope he does walk away after a year. Everybody in the baseball world knows the the M's are owned and run by idiots. Nobody in the baseball world would hold it against him, just like they didn't when he walked away from the toxic situation in Anaheim.

The situation in Anaheim is good .... thanks for taking our turd.

A recent Fangraphs readers poll ranked the Mariners GM opening as significantly more desirable than the Angels. In fact only the Marlins job was ranked less desirable.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/pick-your-preferred-general-manager-job/

There is a guy in the comments section there that actually factored in Tsunami's into his thought process -- if that wasn't funny enough..... someone felt the need to correct him on his tsunami concerns.

Its just a job.  People quit jobs that are in toxic environments all the time.  Have you ever quit that wasn't working for you or to go somewhere better?  Are you a quitter for not staying?

I think there is a difference in your example.  If I was in the middle of a project at work, that I was leading, I think leaving would make me a quitter.  I wouldn't blame others for thinking that way.  I'm not strong on either side of the Dipoto debate, but I am looking forward to all of the "angel fans" rooting for the mariners next season so they can say how lame the Angels were in letting him go.

I think there is a difference in your example.  If I was in the middle of a project at work, that I was leading, I think leaving would make me a quitter.  I wouldn't blame others for thinking that way.  I'm not strong on either side of the Dipoto debate, but I am looking forward to all of the "angel fans" rooting for the mariners next season so they can say how lame the Angels were in letting him go.

As an Angels fan, I hope he fails miserably.

You have to assume that he didn't walk out of the bad situation here, just to get into another one like it in Seattle.

He is going to get the reins there, to bring in who he wants.

After 98 wins here last season, and a team that's in it until the last week of the season this year.

He's going to get a chance to show what he can do with some real power up there. 

I'm going to be rooting for him.

I'd much rather have the Mariners as the Angels competition in the AL West than the damn Texas teams.

Its just a job.  People quit jobs that are in toxic environments all the time.  Have you ever quit that wasn't working for you or to go somewhere better?  Are you a quitter for not staying?

It's different as a GM of a baseball team, he runs so many essential parts of the organization that if he quits, he quits on the players, the front office, the fans, and leaves them scrambling to pick up the pieces instead of focusing on improving the team and making the playoffs.

I personally don't blame him for leaving, but an argument can be made that he's a quitter.   And by doing so in the middle of a pennant race makes the matter a lot worse. There was more at stake then just his job in this particular situation.

It's different as a GM of a baseball team, he runs so many essential parts of the organization that if he quits, he quits on the players, the front office, the fans, and leaves them scrambling to pick up the pieces instead of focusing on improving the team and making the playoffs.I personally don't blame him for leaving, but an argument can be made that he's a quitter. And by doing so in the middle of a pennant race makes the matter a lot worse. There was more at stake then just his job in this particular situation.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess you missed Jeff Fletcher's posts, that shoot your opinion all to pieces.

Edited by Homebrewer