• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiPoto speaks

A franchise "owned and run by idiots"

Anyway we're just rehashing old arguments.

Depending on your perspective, Dipoto is a either a quitter or a hero.

Really?  Those are my two choices?

How about a guy who didn't like his job and chose to find another?  We'll make that option 3 between the other two extreme ends of the spectrum

It hasn't been a good week for you on AW.

Yeah -- okay..  Still not following.   I though the tweet was innocuous and after reading the article I don't really think he was throwing anyone under the bus...   Sorry I don't get the outrage from some people...  Not sure how anything Dipoto says would make for a bad week for me .. "on AW", but okay.

Really?  Those are my two choices?

How about a guy who didn't like his job and chose to find another?  We'll make that option 3 between the other two extreme ends of the spectrum

I think there is a lot of space between Jay's two choices.  I think he was an above average GM not in the best situation who probably didn't handle that part of it the best way he could.  It usually takes both parties being douchey to get to a point of one having to go when he did.

Anyway, I still hope he ruins the Mariners.  That is more wins for my team.

I think there is a lot of space between Jay's two choices.  I think he was an above average GM not in the best situation who probably didn't handle that part of it the best way he could.  It usually takes both parties being douchey to get to a point of one having to go when he did.

Anyway, I still hope he ruins the Mariners.  That is more wins for my team.

I think that's a fair assessment.  It takes two to make a situation work...sometimes the personalities and philosophies are just too disparate.  

And obviously agree with the 2nd sentence 

Talking Dipoto is like talking religion or politics now - whatever side of the aisle you sit on you're not going to change anyone's opinion and they aren't going to change yours.  I see nothing that Dipoto said about Hamilton or the Angels that was inflammatory or throwing anyone under the bus.  He didn't even bring it up as someone asked him and he still seems to be conducting himself in a professional manner the way he responded.  Then again I didn't blame the guy for leaving because I didn't feel he was able to do his job and the situation wasn't working out for either side.  Clearly other people don't agree.  To each his own.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

It's different as a GM of a baseball team, he runs so many essential parts of the organization that if he quits, he quits on the players, the front office, the fans, and leaves them scrambling to pick up the pieces instead of focusing on improving the team and making the playoffs.I personally don't blame him for leaving, but an argument can be made that he's a quitter. And by doing so in the middle of a pennant race makes the matter a lot worse. There was more at stake then just his job in this particular situation.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess you missed Jeff Fletcher's posts, that shoot your opinion all to pieces.

lol @ this reply, I respect jeff's opinions and insights but its not like jeff's opinion is the only one that counts and im allowed to disagree with them.

And i guess you missed our trade deadline acquisitions.

Edit: to not sound so douchey

Edited by JarsOfClay

Yeah -- okay..  Still not following.   I though the tweet was innocuous and after reading the article I don't really think he was throwing anyone under the bus...   Sorry I don't get the outrage from some people...  Not sure how anything Dipoto says would make for a bad week for me .. "on AW", but okay.

Anymore interesting views from M's fans who know nothing little about the Angels you want to share?

Anymore interesting views from M's fans who know nothing little about the Angels you want to share?

So... your inability to understand whats been said amounts to my having a bad week.   Gotcha....    Maybe you should just stick to talking about brake pads.

CF8, IP is one of the most respected and one of the more connected members on the board. I recommend you back off a bit.

F that -- nobody should be immune to criticism, I don't have a problem with being called out when it's merited.   At least I know what he's talking about and where he went off the rails..  It's really quite funny.  

I should have realized it was just bait..  

Edited by Inside Pitch

Chuck he is what you let him be, with all due respect.

I love it how it's possible to trash talk people openly without looking bad so long as you add "with all due respect" at the end, with all due respect :)