• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiPoto speaks

Or maybe Dipoto was vehemently against the signing of Hamilton and was overruled by Arte.  When asked, he wanted to make it clear it wasn't his decision.  By the way, I do agree it was not the most professional response by him.  He probably should just glossed over that question.

Look, I'm not a Dipoto nutswinger.  He did some very good things and he had his duds.  I just think people get so wrapped up in their beliefs of how things went down, they sometimes lose a little perspective.

Or maybe Dipoto was vehemently against the signing of Hamilton and was overruled by Arte.  When asked, he wanted to make it clear it wasn't his decision.  By the way, I do agree it was not the most professional response by him.  He probably should just glossed over that question.

Look, I'm not a Dipoto nutswinger.  He did some very good things and he had his duds.  I just think people get so wrapped up in their beliefs of how things went down, they sometimes lose a little perspective.

and to be clear, I'm by no means against Dipoto.  Ive in many threads explained that I liked him and thought that overall he did a good job.  As you can tell though, I really thought the comment(s) about Hamilton today were in very bad taste.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I don't believe they are true.  I could be wrong, but its just as likely that the people who think he had nothing to do with it are wrong.  Lets assume that i'm completely wrong and Jerry did argue strongly against signing Hamilton.  Even if thats true, I still think the right thing for him to do would have been to just not comment on it.

and to be clear, I'm by no means against Dipoto.  Ive in many threads explained that I liked him and thought that overall he did a good job.  As you can tell though, I really thought the comment(s) about Hamilton today were in very bad taste.

Did he say something beyond whats been tweeted?   Because I thought the tweet was pretty innocuous.  He said it was Arte's decision to make..  I'd assume every FA signing was Arte's decision to make.  Not sure there was anything offensive or even malicious in making that statement other than it's vague and can lead to speculation.

Honestly, can this chapter of Angels baseball to be over with already??   The he said, she said, stuff is lame.  In one breath we have stories that JD was bent he was forced to move Hamilton, now we have a quote that can be interpreted many different ways including that it was someone else's call.   So why would he be bent over moving someone he didn't want?   More importantly -- who cares.   JD is gone, Hamilton is gone...  Whats done is done, it really doesn't matter anymore who's at fault -- just hire the guy who will fix it and then GTFO of his way.

I look forward to an Angels era where there isn't a new insider leak every week and people in (and out of) the organization aren't coming across like a bunch of bitchy little gossips.

Edited by Inside Pitch

"Jerry just bobbed his head like a retard and did so."

Its just a job.  People quit jobs that are in toxic environments all the time.  Have you ever quit that wasn't working for you or to go somewhere better?  Are you a quitter for not staying?

I've quit jobs before, but not in the middle of a project where I would be screwing over the people I leave behind.

Did he say something beyond whats been tweeted? Because I thought the tweet was pretty innocuous. He said it was Arte's decision to make.. I'd assume every FA signing was Arte's decision to make. Not sure there was anything offensive or even malicious in making that statement other than it's vague and can lead to speculation.

Honestly, can this chapter of Angels baseball to be over with already?? The he said, she said, stuff is lame. In one breath we have stories that JD was bent he was forced to move Hamilton, now we have a quote that can be interpreted many different ways including that it was someone else's call. So why would he be bent over moving someone he didn't want? More importantly -- who cares. JD is gone, Hamilton is gone... Whats done is done, it really doesn't matter anymore who's at fault -- just hire the guy who will fix it and then GTFO of his way.

I look forward to an Angels era where there isn't a new insider leak every week and people in (and out of) the organization aren't coming across like a bunch of bitchy little gossips.

There is an LA Times article with further quotes. He's pretty clear that it wasn't his call.

Latos gave up a homerun to an all-star player a few years ago? WTF kind of garbage are we bringing in here?

It isn't just the HR Adam, it's the context it was hit in..

Bad blood between SF and Latos, dagger in the heart in a must win playoff game.

It just bodes badly bringing a guy like this into a situation where it can all happen again.

Baseball just breeds this kind of bizarre stuff...keeps it fun.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Whoever ends up coming in and running this FO has their hands full.

Latos gave up a homerun to an all-star player a few years ago? WTF kind of garbage are we bringing in here?

It isn't just the HR Adam, it's the context it was hit in..

Bad blood between SF and Latos, dagger in the heart in a must win playoff game.

It just bodes badly bringing a guy like this into a situation where it can all happen again.

Baseball just breeds this kind of bizarre stuff...keeps it fun.

Latos sucks but everyone gets got

I'm guessing Latos isn't going to be asked to win us any games. He can't be any worse than Weaver or Santiago

I've quit jobs before, but not in the middle of a project where I would be screwing over the people I leave behind.

He didn't screw anyone...there was entire management structure in place around his position and it happened a month before the trading deadline. Again, apparently the circumstances around his departure appears reasonable enough for a upper-payroll franchise to hire him 2 months later.  

There is an LA Times article with further quotes. He's pretty clear that it wasn't his call.

Thanks...  After reading it I still don't think it's offensive.  It's not like he tried to say he was against it, or that he had no involvement.  They asked him a question, he answered.  Dodging it would have only made it so someone asked him again..   

Thanks...  After reading it I still don't think it's offensive.  It's not like he tried to say he was against it, or that he had no involvement.  They asked him a question, he answered.  Dodging it would have only made it so someone asked him again..   

keep-calm-and-do-damage-control.png

Full Dipoto quote on the Hamilton signing:

"Asked on Tuesday why he was not successful in convincing Angels Owner Arte Moreno to not sign Hamilton, Dipoto said, “As Arte told me at the time, it was his decision to make. … In Josh’s free-agent year, I met with Josh, met with his wife, and we talked through it.

“Obviously, Arte and the Angels’ upper management was heavily involved in what we were doing, and rightfully so. He’s the owner of the club. It’s his decision to make. My position is to manage what I’ve been given the ability to manage, and that’s what I do."

He didn't screw anyone...there was entire management structure in place around his position and it happened a month before the trading deadline. Again, apparently the circumstances around his departure appears reasonable enough for a upper-payroll franchise to hire him 2 months later.  

A franchise "owned and run by idiots"

Anyway we're just rehashing old arguments.

Depending on your perspective, Dipoto is a either a quitter or a hero.