• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DiPoto speaks

If you were a CEO you would be impressed with an employee who quits at critical time for the company?

Do you know why he quit? This is very important. Not only to the discussion, but to any CEO who is looking to hire a prospective employee. If I were a CEO of a company, I'd be more concerned with the health, happiness, and well-being of my employees. If one of those employees was not happy in his/her position, I'd counsel him or her and see if there was anything that could be done to help them feel more satisfied. If this was not possible, then I would allow them the option to resign as it would likely be the best move for the company and for the employee. Why would it be good for the company? Because I want all my employees to be happy and secure in their jobs. If they aren't, not only are they going to be miserable, their performance is going to be affected as well. As a CEO, I would have to look out for the best interests of the company AND the employees. It isn't all about the company. Without the employees, you don't even have a company.

Notice how I didn't mention anything about the time? You want to know why? Because it doesn't mean shit. People can be replaced. In Jerry's case, he was replaced the same day. If the time is oh so critical to the company, then I'd rather have an employee who is happy and secure in their position than a miserable one who doesn't really want to be there.

As an employer, I'd again want to know the why of the situation. The "when" is irrelevant. As I explained above, I would want my employees to feel happy and secure in their positions, and if the prospective employee explained that he or she wasn't happy at their previous position (hence the WHY) then I would understand that. I'd also want to know why they were unhappy, so that I could gauge whether this person is just a drama queen, or if they had a legitimate reason to leave. All signs in this case point to Jerry having a legitimate reason to leave. It would seem he was unhappy, and even said he felt it was best for himself and the team if he resigned.

As far as the fans and media goes, he doesn't need to explain it any further than that. It's ridiculous to think that he does.

Edited by tdawg87

There is a manager in my agency who makes her employees miserable through micromanagement and constant criticism. There are only two ways to do anything, her way and the wrong way. She told me about a month ago that she is going to automatically deny any requests made by her employees for transfers to another facility, because she is tired of losing employees (completely missing the point that she is the main reason why they leave). She had rather force good employees to resign in order to get away from her than to allow them to go somewhere where they might be happier.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I don't understand why Scioscia, speaking to the media yesterday, credited the analytics offered by Dipoto but then refuses to use/embrace them. 

Then he was coy about Dipoto's status, pretending to be confused when it was already confirmed Dipoto was gone. That really pissed me off.  I'm finally realizing that he was probably insulting Dipoto all along with his very subtle Scioscia speak, misrepresenting certain situations, etc, and it sailed right over our heads. 

I don't understand why Scioscia, speaking to the media yesterday, credited the analytics offered by Dipoto but then refuses to use/embrace them.

Then he was coy about Dipoto's status, pretending to be confused when it was already confirmed Dipoto was gone. That really pissed me off. I'm finally realizing that he was probably insulting Dipoto all along with his very subtle Scioscia speak, misrepresenting certain situations, etc, and it sailed right over our heads.

Because he does use them, just not all of them. My guess is he and his coaches use them, he just wasn't sharing the individual players information with them. Hence, the front office saying they themselves would share the info with the players. Obviously I don't know for sure that's true, but it's an educated guess, based on interviews.

Because he does use them, just not all of them. My guess is he and his coaches use them, he just wasn't sharing the individual players information with them. Hence, the front office saying they themselves would share the info with the players. Obviously I don't know for sure that's true, but it's an educated guess, based on interviews.

Has anyone seen Scioscia read much or turn the pages (sorry for the pun) of the binder he keeps in front of him?  I don't think I have. 

If you can't understand why you will never know. This just reassures me that most are really ignorant about sports. They just personal side. I get it. You hate Scioscia and Moreno and love JD. So you say good for JD for giving everyone the finger and quitting. From an emotional stand point it makes sense.

from a competitive and professional stand point it doesnt.

And for the record i liked JD. I hate seeing him go. I believe this circus requires Scosvia to go.

However spin how you feel JD bailed on the players his staff and every fan hoping he was going to make a trade to improve a team in a playoff race. You can't argue against that. He bailed on a lot of people he wasn't fighting with.

Why are you obsessed with the timing of Dipoto's departure? Give it a rest already.

If you can't understand why you will never know. This just reassures me that most are really ignorant about sports. They just personal side. I get it. You hate Scioscia and Moreno and love JD. So you say good for JD for giving everyone the finger and quitting. From an emotional stand point it makes sense

This is why I can't take you seriously. Ever. Try being respectful when making an argument for once.

If you can't understand why you will never know. This just reassures me that most are really ignorant about sports. They just personal side. I get it. You hate Scioscia and Moreno and love JD. So you say good for JD for giving everyone the finger and quitting. From an emotional stand point it makes sense.

And for the record i liked JD. I hate seeing him go. I believe this circus requires Scosvia to go.

However spin how you feel JD bailed on the players his staff and every fan hoping he was going to make a trade to improve a team in a playoff race. You can't argue against that. He bailed on a lot of people he wasn't fighting with.

What's with the superiority complex the last couple days?  My opinion is no better than anybody else.  Too bad you don't feel the same. 

No need to come after everybody you disagree with and look down on them. 

With all due respect Storm you are complaining about other people's opinions yet you are holding tight to your own. This is literally the 4th or 5th post I've seen from you saying the exact same thing and you keep drilling it in and it'd be refreshing to hear other thoughts from you beyond this one.

You making this comment after you said "what's with me in the riming? Let it go"

What's with the superiority complex the last couple days? My opinion is no better than anybody else. Too bad you don't feel the same.

No need to come after everybody you disagree with and look down on them.

You making this comment after you said "what's with me in the riming? Let it go"

Riming?  What are you talking about? 

This was the reason i was condescending. I respect a lot of people different opinions. However when i am trated like a idiot i will respond in kind"

No, you were condescending long before that.  Long before.  I only said that this afternoon.

I haven't read this whole thread but the comments about Dipoto "crippling" the team by leaving now are wrong.

Every other person in the baseball ops department is still there. They know everything that Dipoto knows about every trade conversation.

They will manage without him.

Dipoto was in this exact same spot, taking over the DBacks in June, when he sent Dan Haren to the Angels for Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.

AJ Hinch was in this spot with the Padres when he sent Huston Street to the Angels.

Players are what matter. You can change manager or GM in the middle of the season and the world doesn't end.

Dipoto knew exactly what he was getting into when he took the GM job. Scioscia was the manager and that wasn't going to change. I'm fairly sure Scioscia wasn't telling Dipoto how to do his job. Dipoto had no business telling Scioscia how to do his job. Dipoto has zip experience as a manager. They were suppose to work together for the betterment of the team.

Dipoto had no right to fire Hatcher a few years ago ... Their relationship went down hill from there. Personally, I think it's Dipoto with the ego problem.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Dipoto knew exactly what he was getting into when he took the GM job. Scioscia was the manager and that wasn't going to change. I'm fairly sure Scioscia wasn't telling Dipoto how to do his job. Dipoto had no business telling Scioscia how to do his job. Dipoto has zip experience as a manager. They were suppose to work together for the betterment of the team.

Dipoto had no right to fire Hatcher a few years ago ... Their relationship went down hill from there. Personally, I think it's Dipoto with the ego problem.

That's hilarious on so many levels.

Man -- Spiro Angnew.....   Every so often this site digs up some smart stuff....  Well Played Sir.

When I was in high school band we played for a visit that Spiro Agnew made to Jacksonville while he was Vice President. Before that I never knew that the Vice President had his own song (Hail, Columbia, for those wondering), the VP's equivalent to Hail to the Chief. Smooth talker, that one.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

You name is so fitting.

What tragic event would have fallen on JD had he waited? Why did he have to leave now? If it was because he was emotional and hurt because he didn't have the backing if his owner? If so he should have waited. He owed to all those who worked with him to stay. That is called loyalty. Not to Moreno but for his personal in managenent. The players he brought in. The fans who want to see a winner. He bailed on them.

your right it's not life or death. If it was I would say resign right away. There would have been no irreparable harm had he stayed. There is irreparable harm to the franchise bailing on it I'm the middle of a play off race.

the problem is you guys do not like how JD was treated. And rightfully so. I don't like how he was treated. However you guys are failing to see what this does to the team. Not just what it does to Arte or Sosh but to the whole team.

Sorry JD timing was wrong.

certain players were turning against him.

he didn't have the support of the coaching staff or manager.

he didn't have the support of the owner.

not sure who or what was left to be loyal to.

I haven't read this whole thread but the comments about Dipoto "crippling" the team by leaving now are wrong.

Every other person in the baseball ops department is still there. They know everything that Dipoto knows about every trade conversation.

They will manage without him.

Dipoto was in this exact same spot, taking over the DBacks in June, when he sent Dan Haren to the Angels for Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.

AJ Hinch was in this spot with the Padres when he sent Huston Street to the Angels.

Players are what matter. You can change manager or GM in the middle of the season and the world doesn't end.

my initial thought was that it would have a major impact immediately and then I realized what you've detailed above.  

out of curiosity Jeff.  did this take you and your peers by surprise or was there writing on the wall?

would you have gone with Rosenthal's article when he did if you had the info or would you have let it play it to it's natural end?