• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez heading to Angels

Scott34

Jeff Mathis is one of the greatest Angels hitters of all time. He simply produced when it matters. He has an historic 213 wRC+ in the playoffs -- his exploits in the 2009 playoffs shows what supreme talented hitters can do when it really counts.

Being clutch when it counts matters. Bring back Mathis. He produces when it matters.

Edited by YouthofToday

Why?

What's the reasoning?

He's 41, and hit 24 of his 29 home runs before the all star break last year, and fell way down after that.

Given his age, it's a little more reasonable to assume he's going to continue to decline rather than energetically increase his production.  

Well since he hit 29 last year and I said 20 I did factor some decline. 

To me it looks like being in the outfield wore him out. A DH only role will likely lead to him maintaining what he has done the last several years. 

For those worried about Ibanez's second-half decline, remember games in the first half count just as much as the ones in the second half.

If he comes reasonably close to last season's first half and the Angels enter July some healthy amount of games over .500 for the first time in awhile, I won't really care what he does in the second half.

jeebus dude. 

What?

What in the past makes you think that Scioscia won't be putting this 40+ guy in the outfield 2-3-4 times a week over a rookie?

Sorry if I don't trust Scioscia to use a guy, who is a DH, as a DH.

He has never done it before, I don't see him suddenly doing it now.