• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez heading to Angels

Scott34

I don't think expecting a guy to hit over the Mendoza line as a regular is a lofty expectation.  Yeah we got him for bargain bin pricing or whatever but when he's hanging around the .150's and striking out in half of his at bats, you can't give him much more time to figure it out.  Especially with how his performance took a severe nose dive at the end of last season. 

We have multiple other options to shove into the DH spot if necessary (Cron, Green, Conger, Ianetta, etc.).

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think expecting a guy to hit over the Mendoza line as a regular is a lofty expectation.  Yeah we got him for bargain bin pricing or whatever but when he's hanging around the .150's and striking out in half of his at bats, you can't give him much more time to figure it out.  Especially with how his performance took a severe nose dive at the end of last season. 

We have multiple other options to shove into the DH spot if necessary (Cron, Green, Conger, Ianetta, etc.).

Spshh and how has Cron and Green done since you made this idiotic post? I'm glad you're not the manager!

While there was a lot of fanboy love for bringing in Ibanez, I am quite sure that not one person wrote "I love this as long as he continues to get at bats into June even if he struggling horribly'

It's weekend at Bernies at this point.  Zip the bag already. 

People will use the excuse that he was a buy low candidate and if he gave anything, it would be a bonus. Unfortunately, he has been a wasted roster spot on this team which has cost the Angels starting pitcher depth. Nicely done DiPoto

People will use the excuse that he was a buy low candidate and if he gave anything, it would be a bonus. Unfortunately, he has been a wasted roster spot on this team which has cost the Angels starting pitcher depth. Nicely done DiPoto

interesting thought that him being on the team kept the team from picking up an additional starter.  Not sure they would have done that.  My guess is they would have picked up some other washed up left DH. 

The entire team sucked in the 2nd half, they weren't even playing for pride up here in the summer, just focused on the kids performing. Ibanez wasn't getting as many starts in the 2nd half after the M's knew they were out of it.

277 at bats in the 1st half (73 games)

177 at bats in the 2ne half (51 games)

A handful of his second half games were not even starts.

Chuck you run a fantastic message board and you are a great guy...but between you loving the Wells trade and this... your future as a scout looks very very bleak  :)

I was told that the only reason he fell off last year after the AS break was because of the "strains" of playing left field part time instead of being DH only.

The funny thing is, I'm sure the people who said that still believe the tripe.  lol.  

Anyhoo, I think Morales would be a great pick up for the Halos, but I'm betting he ends up in NY.  

You don't understand. The Angels have plenty of replacements for Ibanez. That's what makes it so damn frustrating.

Ibanez, last 18 games:

.098/.179/.176 

5 for 51

What amazes me is that it is likely that either Cron or Green (who are producing) is likely to be sent to AAA while Ibanez (who isn't) is pretty much guaranteed a spot. I don't know what it is about this club and clinging to non-producing players with service time.

Interesting the team is "only" carrying 11 pitchers right now. If they need a 12th pitcher due to a burnt out BP I would be incredibly disappointed if Ibanez is not DFA'ed.

What are their scouts seeing with Ibanez than the untrained eye isn't? He simply looks brutal at the plate and has 0 defensive value. How can we carry 2 position players with little to 0 defensive value (Cron and Ibanez)?!

interesting thought that him being on the team kept the team from picking up an additional starter.  Not sure they would have done that.  My guess is they would have picked up some other washed up left DH. 

Don't forget the fact that we lost LeBlanc while Ibanez remains on the team.

I wonder if they are going to go after Morales when the comp is lifted after the draft

Why? They have Cron & Green with the club now. If Ibanez is shown the door, they don't need to add anyone from outside the organization.

With Trout out of the lineup today, Ibanez is playing LF and Green is on the bench. Good times!

Well the only way Ibanez is going to be released is if he continues to suck balls. He can only suck balls if he's in the line-up