• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez heading to Angels

Scott34

Angels: Scioscia wants to keep giving Ibanez chances

Angels designated hitter Raul Ibanez batted seventh on Wednesday, the lowest in the order he's hit against an opposing right-hander this season -- but he was in the lineup nonetheless.

The 42-year-old left-handed hitter entered Wednesday's game with a .144/.255/.266 slash line, and has a couple of hot-hitting young players -- Grant Green and C.J. Cron -- competing with him for playing time. Angels manager Mike Scioscia wants to keep giving Ibanez opportunities, but it'll probably come lower in the lineup until he gets going.

"The talent is still there," Scioscia said. "He just hasn't found the timing, so you want to keep giving him those opportunities."

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_06_05_anamlb_houmlb_1&mode=preview

No, Mike, I really don't want to keep watching him go 0-4 while he tries to get his timing back, since he lost that timing last season!

I really don't get the patience with Ibanez.  His average is Cron/2.  Hello, its worse when comparing Green.  And he has maintained that average while only facing right handers.  You can't tell me Cron and Green can't bat a buck forty against a righty in their worse days.  He has had some clutch hits but its been two months.  Unlike most of you guys the blame falls on the entire front office.  Both Sosh and Dipoto has defended Ibanez recently which means they believe he will snap out of the slump.  However, this really has been a 140 slump since last July.  I can see them staying with him if his contract was a big investment.  But it isn't.  It really doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and please don't throw the crap that Sosh just loves aging vets.  He put in Bourjos over vets.  Trout played over vets, Trumbo played over vets.  This is an full front office decision, not just Scioscia's toy as you guys call it.

Ahaha, I look forward to at least another hundred ABs of hearing how Ibanez is putting better swings on the ball and is thisssss close to coming around.

I want some of whatever Scioscia and Dipoto are smoking if they really think this is just a slump and Ibanez is gonna break out soon.!

Edited by jshep

Angels designated hitter Raul Ibanez batted seventh on Wednesday, the lowest in the order he's hit against an opposing right-hander this season -- but he was in the lineup nonetheless.

The 42-year-old left-handed hitter entered Wednesday's game with a .144/.255/.266 slash line, and has a couple of hot-hitting young players -- Grant Green and C.J. Cron -- competing with him for playing time. Angels manager Mike Scioscia wants to keep giving Ibanez opportunities, but it'll probably come lower in the lineup until he gets going.

"The talent is still there," Scioscia said. "He just hasn't found the timing, so you want to keep giving him those opportunities."

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_06_05_anamlb_houmlb_1&mode=preview

No, Mike, I really don't want to keep watching him go 0-4 while he tries to get his timing back, since he lost that timing last season!

No matter how much things change, they still stay the same

Edited by Hollyw00d

I'd say timing is part of the whole "talent" thing. When you can't handle major league pitching anymore, the talent has left you.

re: Scioscia's "opportunities" quote

If we lose games with him going 0-4, those are lost opportunities. The losses are on Scioscia.

Can't wait until we come up a couple games short of a wild card, with Raul playing all season long and still hitting in the 100's in September.  Same old, same old...

I really don't get the patience with Ibanez.  His average is Cron/2.  Hello, its worse when comparing Green.  And he has maintained that average while only facing right handers.  You can't tell me Cron and Green can't bat a buck forty against a righty in their worse days.  He has had some clutch hits but its been two months.  Unlike most of you guys the blame falls on the entire front office.  Both Sosh and Dipoto has defended Ibanez recently which means they believe he will snap out of the slump.  However, this really has been a 140 slump since last July.  I can see them staying with him if his contract was a big investment.  But it isn't.  It really doesn't make much sense.

Oh, and please don't throw the crap that Sosh just loves aging vets.  He put in Bourjos over vets.  Trout played over vets, Trumbo played over vets.  This is an full front office decision, not just Scioscia's toy as you guys call it.

You are to Dipoto what MHD was to Bourjos.

re: Scioscia's "opportunities" quote

If we lose games with him going 0-4, those are lost opportunities. The losses are on Scioscia.

Can't wait until we come up a couple games short of a wild card, with Raul playing all season long and still hitting in the 100's in September.  Same old, same old...

and Dipoto.  His signing and his failure to cut the guy.

Dipoto doesn't have to cut every guy who Scioscia can't help playing. Ibanez can have some value on the bench.

Ibanez has absolutely no value.

Scioscia should be blamed for how he's using Ibanez, but Dipoto should be making rational roster decisions instead of demoting better players for the sake of crossing his fingers that he can save face on this one.

"Raul has a track record. He has done this before. He has gone through cold spells, and he has gotten hot. There's nobody here who believes Raul has had his last good days in the big leagues."

"To be fair, you bring a guy in, you remain patient with him, you give him his opportunity," Dipoto said. "Raul wasn't brought in to jam into the four-hole and hit cleanup for a month. It hasn't been a great six weeks for him. We'll get him where he needs to be."

Edited by jshep