• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez heading to Angels

Scott34

"To be fair, you bring a guy in, you remain patient with him, you give him his opportunity," Dipoto said. "Raul wasn't brought in to jam into the four-hole and hit cleanup for a month. It hasn't been a great six weeks for him. We'll get him where he needs to be."

Shots fired

Those guys are still here, for now. It's Scioscia's job to play them.

"Raul has a track record. He has done this before. He has gone through cold spells, and he has gotten hot. There's nobody here who believes Raul has had his last good days in the big leagues."

"To be fair, you bring a guy in, you remain patient with him, you give him his opportunity," Dipoto said. "Raul wasn't brought in to jam into the four-hole and hit cleanup for a month. It hasn't been a great six weeks for him. We'll get him where he needs to be."

You were saying?

This is my  latest best guess...

http://www.ocregister.com/angels/one-617189-green-ibanez.html

Summary: Cron eventually becomes the full-time DH and Ibanez sticks around just to pinch-hit (see Jason Giambi's role with the Indians last year and this year). Green plays everyday at AAA.

I think that maximizes the production at the major league level and the long-term development, as well as preserving all the depth.

Why not green, and cron in AAA? Cron can't field a position

Why not Green and Cron, and Ibanez off the team?

This is literally all about loyalty to veterans and has nothing to do with what is best for the team. Even if the idea is that Ibanez will turn it around and start hitting better, what will he end up with by season's end? A .700 OPS at best? I'm guessing both Green and Cron could do that pretty easily. In fact I'm guessing both would surpass that which is why I think it's much better for the team to have them both up here getting at bats every night.

I understand the importance of having a solid bat off the bench, but can Ibanez even provide that at this point?

This is my  latest best guess...

http://www.ocregister.com/angels/one-617189-green-ibanez.html

Summary: Cron eventually becomes the full-time DH and Ibanez sticks around just to pinch-hit (see Jason Giambi's role with the Indians last year and this year). Green plays everyday at AAA.

I think that maximizes the production at the major league level and the long-term development, as well as preserving all the depth.

Define "eventually" .

Why not Green and Cron, and Ibanez off the team?

This is literally all about loyalty to veterans and has nothing to do with what is best for the team. Even if the idea is that Ibanez will turn it around and start hitting better, what will he end up with by season's end? A .700 OPS at best? I'm guessing both Green and Cron could do that pretty easily. In fact I'm guessing both would surpass that which is why I think it's much better for the team to have them both up here getting at bats every night.

I understand the importance of having a solid bat off the bench, but can Ibanez even provide that at this point?

This have nothing to due with loyalty to anyone ... even veterans. It's a shame a guy as smart as you appear to be can't figure it out.

This have nothing to due with loyalty to anyone ... even veterans. It's a shame a guy as smart as you appear to be can't figure it out.

Oh well then!

Why don't you explain it to us poor dumbies then, all wise and knowing Daddy of Trolls?

Why is Ibanez hitting ahead of Iannetta?

As much as I despise bunts the team might be better off with the washed up veteran making "productive" outs, much like a pitcher... or Jeff Mathis.

Seriously, how many more PAs does the team need to see before we turn the page.

Four more months. And then four more years of Scioscia at the helm.