• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez heading to Angels

Scott34

Ok, go the other way around, which is more plausible. Hamilton goes on the DL. Do you really think Scioscia, Mike Scioscia, the Mike Scioscia, won't give Trout a day off?

Very true, but what are the chances that Hamilton is hurt during the time where out of a 162 game season, Trout gets a day off? Trout only had 3 days off in 2013 and 2 in 2012 (not including injury), so average that out..it's a day off every 60 games. Maybe if Hamilton hits the 60 day DL we get one day with that atrocious OF of Shuck, Ibanez and Calhoun..but as stated before..that would be very unlucky.

Don't forget the days off Trout will get as a DH.

Yeah but again, those DH's would most likely be pushed back or halted until Hamilton comes back, so the odds of that happening are still slim.

I suspect we see that OF at least once next year, just because it's 162 games and Hamilton is injury prone. But the odds are still low.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I am by no means arguing for Trout to take a lot of days off. My entire argument was based on Scioscia tendencies to play around with the lineup. I could see an injury happening and us seeing a creative outfield for a game or two over the course of a 162 game season. I'll throw this out there as well. I could easily see a situation where we could see Howie play a handful of games in LF.

One of the things I was most looking forward to in 14' was seeing Kole play every day, so I fully expect him to ride the pine more often than not.

More often then not would imply that he will play less than 81 games, that won't happen. I could see him getting two days off a week.

Stupid move to sign a guy with no future in the organization when the team is in rebuilding mode. He's just taking at-bats from guys that need them. It's one thing if the Angels were contenders, but they can't even break .500. Someone needs to wake them up to the reality! Trout (the future) makes $500K but they sign Ibanez for $3M? This team is broken.

Stupid move to sign a guy with no future in the organization when the team is in rebuilding mode. He's just taking at-bats from guys that need them. It's one thing if the Angels were contenders, but they can't even break .500. Someone needs to wake them up to the reality! Trout (the future) makes $500K but they sign Ibanez for $3M? This team is broken.

Ever heard of stop gaps smartass? None of our guys on the bench are going to be apart of our future (Shuck specifically). We have guys in the minors that can take over as DH's/OF'ers/IF'ers (Cron, Lindsey, Borenstein, Yarborough) next year. We are still a win now mode team.