• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

And performance the year before. At least there was hope he would bounce back after being pushed out by Trout..

now we get pennies on the dollar.

he didn't play much last year. He played very well this year outside of time on the DL. Any diminishing of his value is due to injuries not his abilities.

Ok. But where do you play Calhoun? Would you rather see Bourjos out there over Calhoun? I certainly wouldn't.

I'd rather have Pete as a fourth OF or a late inning pinch run and defensive guy.   He's a stud in the OF and on the basepaths.

Edited by Geoff

Which is why I said to MOVE ON DIPOTO.

Cards taking advantage of a clueless, desperate GM/organization.

Deal definitely reeks of desperation by them. Can't believe they gave up Grichuk and settled on Salas as the other return player. A FO on the hot seat with a bloated payroll, trying to do whatever they can to save their jobs. This is what happens

Chuck, I hate to say it but this is a very questionable trade. I don't have an issue with the Bourjos for Freese part, but to have to throw in Grichuk and only get Salas back, that is not good at all. I would have preferred a starting pitching prospect, Lord knows the Cards have them.

The addition of Freese allows DiPoto to trade one of Aybar or Kendrick for a starting pitcher. Think outside the box Angels fans. This trade is merely to position DiPoto to make a bigger trade with another team.

Trading a bench player (Bourjos) for a starting 3Bman is a good trade in my opinion.

Awesome, so getting robbed in one trade has set us up perfectly to get robbed in another trade. I like it. 

Afraid there isn't anything to do but let this play out....and start over with a new GM (and probably manager)....rock bottom isn't here yet folks....Based on last year's offseason and now this, DiPoto is going to tear things down....new guy will have to start over basically....

Edited by DMVol

I totally agree with the selling low part of this trade too. If this was the best we could get, then why wouldn't they just hold off on trading Bourjos? 

I think Freese can be a 2-3 win player here next year but Bourjos can do that too and we just threw in Grichuk to get a mediocre reliever? I'm just not seeing this is a good trade whatsoever. 

Bourjos also wasn't the only outfielder the Angels could have traded.

My preference from the get-go was to trade Trumbo(who it now seems like unquestionably has the highest value of the trade options, if this is all Bourjos + Grichuk nets), and roll with Trout/Bourjos/Calhoun/Hamilton.

Ok. But where do you play Calhoun? Would you rather see Bourjos out there over Calhoun? I certainly wouldn't.

I like Calhoun but I think we might be giving him a little too much credit for short term performance. His 2013 was great but I'm not sure he is a better player than Bourjos (even though I think he fits the teams needs better than both Peter & Trumbo).

Edited by Geoff

Chuck, I hate to say it but this is a very questionable trade. I don't have an issue with the Bourjos for Freese part, but to have to throw in Grichuk and only get Salas back, that is not good at all. I would have preferred a starting pitching prospect, Lord knows the Cards have them.

This. The second piece of the trade is what kills us. Top OF prospect in the org for mediocre 29-year-old reliever is just awful. 

Right now this looks awful.  Trading young, high upside guys for mediocre older players reeks of the first 4 decades of this franchise.  That being said, trades are best evaluated at a later date so I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.  

This might have something to do with the WIN NOW OR GET FIRED mandate DiPoto and Scioscia seem to have.

he didn't play much last year. He played very well this year outside of time on the DL. Any diminishing of his value is due to injuries not his abilities.

I disagree. The jury is still out on what he is as an everyday starter over multiple seasons. However, before there was a huge potential factor.