• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

This might have something to do with the WIN NOW OR GET FIRED mandate DiPoto and Scioscia seem to have.

Definitely. Their jobs are on the line and this team(with its payroll and big name players) has a ton of pressure to compete and be contenders. Deal looks like a FO on the hot seat trying to do whatever they can to save their jobs.

We have needed a third baseman for some time.

I'll be honest, from what I heard there isn't much interest in Bourjos out there and the Angels were not ever going to get a good, cheap arm for him. So considering that, I'm fine with this.

Bourjos' injury history seriously limits his value. It's not like we were ever going to get Clayton Kershaw or Justin Verlander for him.

He is on this team. And would have been in ST and to start the 2014 season. His value wasn't ever going to go up with the players already on this roster.

No he isn't. The only reason he was on the bench at all this season was due to injuries. He was the starter in CF and if healthy, he would be again if he was still here.

No he isn't. The only reason he was on the bench at all this season was due to injuries. He was the starter in CF and if healthy, he would be again if he was still here.

He was going to be a bench player on this team with Calhoun, Trout and Hamilton in the lineup. Nowhere for him to play. You won't change my mind on this either so save it LT.

A trade for a third baseman who can hit, sets up a trade for Aybar and Kendrick,  Green and Rominie don't have to platoon 3rd base a position they rarely played, and allows Kole to start. I like this trade. Plus this means odds are Kendrick or/and Aybar will be gone.  

Edited by ispy45

You would rather have Bourjos on the bench (when we have Shuck for that role) and a nobody at 3B over Freese. 

BTW, Green was never an option for 3B.

No, but there may have been other options at 3b.   Do you believe the Angels explored all their options with Grichuk before including him?     Perhaps they explored all of the potential options at 3b, but Freese is very mediocre, and we've specialized in mediocrity there since Macpherson and Wood.  

It feels like a bad deal.   Obviously they felt good, so they pulled the trigger.   It just seems some other chips could have fallen into place with another team.

Definitely. Their jobs are on the line and this team(with its payroll and big name players) has a ton of pressure to compete and be contenders. Deal looks like a FO on the hot seat trying to do whatever they can to save their jobs.

In some respects I think you are right...but I think it is not the "FO", but the organization...I think it's the reality that they bought in to the win now philosophy a few years back and have to continue to double down, add the Pujols and Hamilton contracts, along with an aging roster...Rebuilding really isn't an option. You can try and play along the edges and add younger pitching...but there is a reason why that's not easy, everyone wants to do that.