• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

After I've had a "Conversation" and heard of the lack of demand for Bourjos and that we weren't going to get a solid arm for him, I've changed my stance.

You cannot judge a trade when you don't know the backstory and interest. You cannot assume there's at ton of interest in Bourjos and that he'd bring in this player or that player.

No one was holding a gun to Dipoto's head and forcing him to trade Bourjos.

After I've had a "Conversation" and heard of the lack of demand for Bourjos and that we weren't going to get a solid arm for him, I've changed my stance.

You cannot judge a trade when you don't know the backstory and interest. You cannot assume there's at ton of interest in Bourjos and that he'd bring in this player or that player.

So you keep him.

No but chuck, sometimes you hold onto that guy and let him show off in spring and regenerate that interest.  Don't sell low.   If there's no market for him, don't move him right now.

#Angels getting Salas along with Freese from #STLCards. Freese and Salas for Bourjos and Grichuk.

**** this trade

Salas isn't even one of St. Louis' top 10 prospects according to Baseball America.  /sigh.

There is a lot of over reaction in this thread. I love Peter, but man he struggled to stay healthy, and we have needed a third baseman forever. I am not saying Freese is perfect, but I prefer him to having Jimenez there.

Ya Edmonds was injury prone and we traded him while his value was low.  How did that work out?

Just because there is no interest in Bourjos that doesn't excuse trading him for pennies on the dollar. We could've traded Trumbo, who I'm sure there would be some significant interest in...

No one was holding a gun to Dipoto's head and forcing him to trade Bourjos.

Exactly....you don't HAVE to make any trade....hold your cards for a better day if there is no market....I am officially on the "idiot" front office bandwagon....really dumb, dumb trade....