• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

Lol at this if its straight up. Makes little sense

If it's straight up, Halos do not address their biggest weakness, pitching. Not to mention that this deal also makes them WORSE defensively when that was a big area of concern this past season as well.

Jon Jay is not a good defensive CFer, so the Cards just improved their team defense a bit more. They also perhaps are buying low on Bourjos after an injury riddled year

Halos take on a few more million in payroll as well going from Bourjos to Freese

I love how trading Bourjos for a 3B (a position of GREAT weakness heading into 2014) assumes that we're not going to do a damn thing about our pitching. LOL

Judge Dipoto's offseason when the offseason is over. So far, off to a good start, but yes, still incomplete as our biggest need has yet to be addressed.

Bourjos was NOT going to bring us a talented arm.  Period.

There is a lot of over reaction in this thread. I love Peter, but man he struggled to stay healthy, and we have needed a third baseman forever. I am not saying Freese is perfect, but I prefer him to having Jimenez there.

My main issue in this deal is that the team defense gets worse. The pitching stunk, but it was also complemented with a terrible defense. If Freese can stay healthy he'll definitely provide more than the current crop this team had...I'm just not sure how good he'll be defensively at 3B. This team was really bad on defense last year. That cannot be overlooked

I'm hoping the prospect the Halos get back is a major league ready bullpen arm. That would make it a bit better

Edited by bloodbrother