• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

I'll bet the new hitting coach will be....Mickey Hatcher. Arte is letting this idiot run the team into the ground. Good luck getting a new stadium deal/renovation with this POS team while the Dodgers are winning big right up the 405.

Well, to be fair, the dodgers hired mickey hatcher last year....so maybe we do it and get good in 2015?

I agree, but hard to see them being able to fully address all of it in one offseason considering all the wasted money they have tied up to declining vets

Sosh said there'll be a big improvement with holding and saving games. I'm hoping he means that they'll be getting a set up man and a closer.

My guess is that Eppard was let go because he was with the Angels for one year and thus wasn't part of the good ole boys club. 

Or because Pujols doesn't like him, or because of the 150 DP's, or because he never played much in the big leagues and guys didn't respect him, or because he and Picciolo were talking shit about the skipper behind his back, or because who ****ing knows? Looks like a sacrificial lamb slaughter to me, it makes zero, absolute zero sense from the outside, so they are probably just clearing space for a bigger name (or Angel alum) hitting coach. I've been sitting here reading the entire 13 pages of this, and there are some great points being made (and there's also LT offering nothing but short, counterpoints, tinged with sarcasm, angering posters and chiding them for being angry), so same ol' theme. I think Mike Butcher really has a horseshoe up his ass to have not lost his job today personally.

So to date Arte has fired Eppard, Picciolo and Aramark.

Scioscia; we're comfortable moving forward.

We were only 5th in runs, so we needed a new hitting coach.

We were probably last in insttuctions from the bench, so we can cross that off the to do list.

And with a little bit of fresher hot dogs, we could probably split a series with houston and finish above .500 next year.

So I back moreno on all the moves so far.

(Next target should be whatever camera guy picks the kiss cam couples)

We were only 5th in runs, so we needed a new hitting coach.

We were probably last in insttuctions from the bench, so we can cross that off the to do list.

And with a little bit of fresher hot dogs, we could probably split a series with houston and finish above .500 next year.

So I back moreno on all the moves so far.

(Next target should be whatever camera guy picks the kiss cam couples)

Why is 5th in runs a problem?

This is nothing new for this site.  Back when the Angels made the post-season every year (or so it seemed), the hate and anger was still present.  I used to post that if the Angels won the WS in 7 games, there would be a 10 page thread of how a better FO and management would have won it in 4, 5 or 6 games.

Arte, Sosh, and Jerry are the 3 Amigos.

Which one is Martin Short?

Dipoto seems most likely the one to make everyone feel like shit for donating his bonus to sick kids.

But then sosh seems most likely the one to be accused of using trick photography by a german.

(Arte would probably know how to dance to mexican villager music though. And that's not being racist).

This is nothing new for this site.  Back when the Angels made the post-season every year (or so it seemed), the hate and anger was still present.  I used to post that if the Angels won the WS in 7 games, there would be a 10 page thread of how a better FO and management would have won it in 4, 5 or 6 games.

a lot of the reaction is over the top. it's idiotic that a decent portion of the fan base think the angels have a god given right to the playoffs each season. however, these firings accomplish nothing but making the organization look like keystone cops. 

Yeah because we totally won the world series this year. It's not like we missed the playoffs for the 4th straight year with a massive payroll and it's not like we have anything legitimate to complain about. The team is doing an excellent job. The pitching was fantastic, the defense was immaculate, and the team was vibrant and full of competitive spirit, especially during their season-ending sweep of the Rangers to knock them out of the playoffs and clinch a 110-win season. 

Why do you need to be condescending all the time?  Almost everything you post on these forums is looking down on other fans. 

I have never seen a moderator who hates the site and people he moderates more than you do.

wow.  quite a few folks around here seem to know a lot about what was going on behind the scenes in the clubhouse and front office.  It would have been interesting to hear the specifics of what actually happened as it was happening. 

No one here thought the offense massively underachieved this year?  Just because they were good doesn't mean they were as good as they should have been.  I think it's pretty clear that eppard has taken the fall for Hamilton being a wreck, Trumbo taking a step back etc. 

All here thought the pitching staff should have performed better than they did?  I didn't see a bunch of guys underachieving, I saw a bunch of guys that lacked talent. 

Also, do we even know the responsibilities of the bench coach?  Maybe it was his job to give the manager information about matchups, or to process info regarding potential defensive alignments or to recommend an approach relative to info provided by advanced scouts.   It's funny how Maddon was a god and MS is worthless without him by his side yet Piccolo provided nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I have no freaking clue if these are the right moves, but neither does anyone else.