• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

What was Arte referring to when he said he "needed to look in the mirror" then?  

I have no doubt that Arte is hands on with all aspects of his business as he should be. I dont believe he is making baseball decisions the are contradicting what his employees on the baseball operations are suggesting. Some will believe he is and that is fine because neither side really knows the truth. 

My worry now is that Scioscia & Co. are going to resort to draconian measures to right the ship beginning Spring Training 2014.  He already spoke about changing up the routines for pitchers.  You can bet that a new hitting coach will be working the hitters hard for his own sake...

I wouldn't be surprised if they start 2014 more prepared -- but twice as exhausted -- with the net result in the win/loss column being the same, or even worse. 

Hahahaha. They kept Butcher. **** this shit. Unbelievable. You can make an argument about keeping Sosh because of his contract (which I don't agree with, he still has to go), but keeping Butcher is the dumbest shit possible. This is the worst pitching staff in baseball. Unreal. Angels will be a .500 ballclub because firing the Bench coach and hitting coach does not solve the root of the problem

What was Arte referring to when he said he "needed to look in the mirror" then?  

I don't know specifically designed but as the owner of the team, ultimately the buck stops at his desk. He has a vision for what he wants this team to do. He has been willing to open his wallet and spend big dollars for the roster. He's been willing to invest money in other aspects of the business to make the fan experience better. He wants to win. So after failing to do that agsin, despite all of that, he has to look in the mirror to see what he could do differently. Does he have the right people in place, does he buy in to the philosophies, should he make changes or stick with the plan? What do his baseball people say? What is their plan, does he agree with it? There are a lot of things he can reflect on before moving forward. 

You guys make me laugh.  First time I have seen hate toward Ebel.  OMG  None of you have a clue what Butcher does and doesn't do, but the consensus is to dump him.  Do you really believe he can make a Blanton, Hanson or a Jepsen effective?  Doesn't it take ability and mental acuteness?

And as to Eppard.  He hasn't done anything, however this site was lit up over axing Hatcher.  (See Butcher comment above.)

the roger lodge of aw

What you replied to was about the organization accepting failure which clearly has not been the case. 

Moreno has accepted it enough to not feel the need to make a change, four straight years of no playoffs with this payroll is complete failure.  That doesn't mean he's "ok" with losing, he's just not willing to do what needs to be done.  

Hahahaha. They kept Butcher. **** this shit. Unbelievable. You can make an argument about keeping Sosh because of his contract (which I don't agree with, he still has to go), but keeping Butcher is the dumbest shit possible. This is the worst pitching staff in baseball. Unreal. Angels will be a .500 ballclub because firing the Bench coach and hitting coach does not solve the root of the problem

The pitching staff isn't good, no matter who coaches them. Firing Butcher doesn't change that. 

Moreno has accepted it enough to not feel the need to make a change, four straight years of no playoffs with this payroll is complete failure.  That doesn't mean he's "ok" with losing, he's just not willing to do what needs to be done.  

He made a change at GM two seasons ago. It is understandable that he feels Sosh is not why they are losing and that the roster provided to him has been the true issue. 

My worry now is that Scioscia & Co. are going to resort to draconian measures to right the ship beginning Spring Training 2014.  He already spoke about changing up the routines for pitchers.  You can bet that a new hitting coach will be working the hitters hard for his own sake...

I don't see a problem with this. 

I don't know specifically designed but as the owner of the team, ultimately the buck stops at his desk. He has a vision for what he wants this team to do. He has been willing to open his wallet and spend big dollars for the roster. He's been willing to invest money in other aspects of the business to make the fan experience better. He wants to win. So after failing to do that agsin, despite all of that, he has to look in the mirror to see what he could do differently. Does he have the right people in place, does he buy in to the philosophies, should he make changes or stick with the plan? What do his baseball people say? What is their plan, does he agree with it? There are a lot of things he can reflect on before moving forward. 

That's fine if that's your assessment,  I disagree.  I think he was speaking much more personally about player decisions.  That report about him threatening to fire Reagins if he didn't acquire Wells within 24 hours, that's the kind of specificity you can't make up out of thin air.  It's not just one reporter saying these things either.