• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

Bench coaches can be critical, see Joe Maddon. 

Maybe Sosh was the one that wanted these changes. A bit surprised to see Butcher survive though. Oh well, getting some pitchers who can actually pitch will probably be more helpful than any coaching change. 

You guys make me laugh.  First time I have seen hate toward Ebel.  OMG  None of you have a clue what Butcher does and doesn't do, but the consensus is to dump him.  Do you really believe he can make a Blanton, Hanson or a Jepsen effective?  Doesn't it take ability and mental acuteness?

And as to Eppard.  He hasn't done anything, however this site was lit up over axing Hatcher.  (See Butcher comment above.)

Do you really not understand what "hate" means?

Scott Miller ‏@ScottMCBS 1m

Interesting wording in Angels announcement. It begins: "GM Jerry Dipoto & manager Mike Scioscia today announced. ..."

I've never seen a press release worded that the manager announces something. Clearly, PR move to put Dipoto & Scioscia on same page

Other potential takeaway from Dipoto & Scioscia's "announcement": Scioscia is regaining power w/in organization

Just one writers thoughts on things

This makes me think that Arte is siding with Mike. Eppard was promoted by Dipoto.

It was a in season promotion and the offense rebounded so he retained his position. Not like he was hand picked by Dipoto from outside the organization. I think you are probably reading into this too much.

You guys make me laugh.  First time I have seen hate toward Ebel.  OMG  None of you have a clue what Butcher does and doesn't do, but the consensus is to dump him.  Do you really believe he can make a Blanton, Hanson or a Jepsen effective?  Doesn't it take ability and mental acuteness?

And as to Eppard.  He hasn't done anything, however this site was lit up over axing Hatcher.  (See Butcher comment above.)

lol..Maybe because the offense was f*cking terrible to start the season last year, and once Eppard and Trout joined, we had the 2nd best offense in the MLB from then on out? Trout had alot to do with that, but there was a reason that we all loved the axing of Hatcher. Now? Eppard is the leastt of our worries, we're a top 5 offense statistically this season without 2 of our supposed top 3 players showing up for the entire year.

Mod edit:   Take it down one notch dude.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Sucks that Scioscia is staying.  Piccilo becomes the scapegoat.  I would have preferred to see Ebel go too, personally, and of course Butcher.  Glad to see the Angels are addressing things and not just keeping it business as usual.

Blarg, what do you know, those pesky beat writers on twitter knew what they were talking about.

They did? 

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=18,d

4th best offense in baseball by this.

24th best pitching staff in baseball.

So I mean, it's pretty obvious: Fire the hitting coach, keep the pitching coach.

Yeah, pitching coaches aren't responsible for anything huh, its all on the pitcher. I guess guys who've turned their career around and credit Dave Duncan for it are full of shit. What a joke