• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

I think more than anything, it needs to be an attitude adjustment starting with Scioscia. 

They play like Spring Training and the month of April don't matter. The lack of urgency under Scioscia has always been a problem...

That may be part of it as well. At least when looking in from the outside.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Several coaching candidates will be thrown around over the next few weeks. Two names to keep in mind: Wally Joyner and Tim Bogar.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Unlikely that Omar Vizquel gets consideration, simply because you need to have experience as a 3B coach to do that job. Need that feel.

How do you get the experience then, Alden? 

Uh huh and it may very well be that the outgoing GM was a scapegoat and was never given the autonomy and authority to do what he wanted, kind of how it's looking with the current GM.  

So now Reagins may not have been that bad? Laughable.

off the top of my head santana, rodney and walden.

You're a few digits short of a handful. But Santana threw exactly like he has here before. He's notoriously inconsistent and a head case. Rodney flashed stellar for the first time in his long career last year and then came back to earth this year. Walden has been about the same but he is also young and we should expect him to improve as he matures at this level. 

Then how do you explain Fernando Rodney?  With the angels, he became diareaha. Then with the Rays, he is gold.

He sucked in Detroit prior and was not that good this year really. He had a career year at a time where he had to prove himself or he would have been out of the game. Every team has a player here and there that does this, it isnt a handful of pitchers that have left and became good. 

You're a few digits short of a handful. But Santana threw exactly like he has here before. He's notoriously inconsistent and a head case. Rodney flashed stellar for the first time in his long career last year and then came back to earth this year. Walden has been about the same but he is also young and we should expect him to improve as he matures at this level. 

the last part... why hasn't jepsen improved as he matures?

So now Reagins may not have been that bad? Laughable.

Laughable?  How do you know how good or bad he was?  How do you know who was in charge of what and with what decisions?  You don't.  What's laughable is you claiming neither side knows things for sure but then for extra specially sure Reagins was really really bad.  Hilarious.  

Then how do you explain Fernando Rodney?  With the angels, he became diareaha. Then with the Rays, he is gold.

That's not accurate greg. He was mediocre before the Angels and he was mediocre with the Angels. He had one quick flash of being a stellar closer and then fell back to his norms this year. 

Laughable?  How do you know how good or bad he was?  How do you know who was in charge of what and with what decisions?  You don't.  What's laughable is you claiming neither side knows things for sure but then for extra specially sure Reagins was really really bad.  Hilarious.  

I said laughable because not one person has backed Reagins on this site. Now all of a sudden, maybe he wasnt that bad. I never said I knew much about Reagins, you assumed that is why I said laughable. 

Yes, laughable

That's not accurate greg. He was mediocre before the Angels and he was mediocre with the Angels. He had one quick flash of being a stellar closer and then fell back to his norms this year. 

Before tampa bay, his era was 4.29, whip was 1.46, and his k/bb was 1.69

This year, he was at 3.38, 1.34, 2.28

“Our ability to hold leads and close out games is where you’re going to see the big improvement,” Scioscia said. “And I’m excited about that.”

I think we're going to see a few BP signings, which makes me feel a little better

Of course they are going to be looking for RP. They need help everywhere when it comes to pitching

In a perfect world, they get 2 SP and a RP this offseason

I commend those that have been able to reframe the debate to require proof that Butcher and Scioscia are specifically to blame before a coaching change is possible. Well done. Demand proof of an unproveable.

You don't need proof. You just have to believe that one of their peers can do a better job. Teams make coaching and managerial changes all the time based upon a desire to improve. They aren't constrained by some absurd notion of having to prove unequivocally that the manager or coach is to blame.

After four consecutive disappointing years the burden of proof should be on the coaches and manager to clearly demonstrate their value to the team.