• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

Yeah. Moreno made Reagins the coffee boy and Moreno will probably do the same thing and next season when he demotes Dipoto.

Demoting people in the corporate world is pretty much suicidal from an organizational standpoint. 

I've never seen these kinds of moves turn out well.  Usually, there's a love/hate relationship with the demoted employee.  The employees who liked him/her will be pissed off by the demotion.  The remaining employees will also be pissed because the demoted employee still has a job.

The end result? NOBODY is happy and morale plummets. 

That's not accurate greg. He was mediocre before the Angels and he was mediocre with the Angels. He had one quick flash of being a stellar closer and then fell back to his norms this year. 

Um, no he didn't. This past season was still better than his 5 years prior to 2011

I said laughable because not one person has backed Reagins on this site. Now all of a sudden, maybe he wasnt that bad. I never said I knew much about Reagins, you assumed that is why I said laughable. 

Who cares what other people on this site think?  I form opinions based on the information at hand.  New information has come to light, info. that fits and explains why this org. has had some of the problems it has had recently.  No one was a bigger Reagins "hater" than me.  That was back when we all thought our front office and management had normal working relationships and hierarchy.  

I commend those that have been able to reframe the debate to require proof that Butcher and Scioscia are specifically to blame before a coaching change is possible. Well done. Demand proof of an unproveable.

You don't need proof. You just have to believe that one of their peers can do a better job. Teams make coaching and managerial changes all the time based upon a desire to improve. They aren't constrained by some absurd notion of having to prove unequivocally that the manager or coach is to blame.

After four consecutive disappointing years the burden of proof should be on the coaches and manager to clearly demonstrate their value to the team.

nicely done sir

Who cares what other people on this site think?  I form opinions based on the information at hand.  New information has come to light, info. that fits and explains why this org. has had some of the problems it has had recently.  No one was a bigger Reagins "hater" than me.  That was back when we all thought our front office and management had normal working relationships and hierarchy.  

But you still do not know the reality. look we can go back and forth and neither of us can prove anything. In my opinion firing Sosh was not as important as improving the roster. It is going to be an important season for Sosh and Dipoto if they want a future with the organization. 

Yes some. And not anywhere close to last year. He's had a year similar to last year but he's also had many more mediocre to crappy years and that was true well before he was ever in an Angels uniform. Blaming his sucktatude while an Angel on Butcher is ridiculous. 

Yes some. And not anywhere close to last year. He's had a year similar to last year but he's also had many more mediocre to crappy years and that was true well before he was ever in an Angels uniform. Blaming his sucktatude while an Angel on Butcher is ridiculous. 

The point is, someone, somewhere has helped figure out Rodney's issues on the mound. He didn't just have a long string of good fortune.

Rodney's 2013 season was better than all but 2 Angels relievers in the same year. I'd take Rodney back in a heartbeat over the rest of these clowns in the Angels pen.

With a different pitching coach of course.

Edited by xboom28x

The point is, someone, somewhere has helped figure out Rodney's issues on the mound. He didn't just have a long string of good fortune.

Huh? He flashed brilliance last year (see anomoly) and this year he was somewhat better than his career norms but not all that impressive. I don't think anyone has solved the Rodney puzzle based on this sample size. 

But you still do not know the reality. look we can go back and forth and neither of us can prove anything. In my opinion firing Sosh was not as important as improving the roster. It is going to be an important season for Sosh and Dipoto if they want a future with the organization. 

I know the reality.  The reality is this team has failed to make the playoffs with one of the bigger payrolls in the game for four straight years now and for some reason, the on field management gets to keep their jobs.  Even before this failure, Scioscia-led teams had a pretty extended run of failing to take it to the next level in the postseason.  As others have pointed out, this would not have been tolerated in other baseball towns and for good reason.  

Huh? He flashed brilliance last year (see anomoly) and this year he was somewhat better than his career norms but not all that impressive. I don't think anyone has solved the Rodney puzzle based on this sample size. 

Now 2 full seasons are a sample size?

Hilarious

Tyler Chatwood is possibly someone else that is doing well with a new team.

All in all though, it doesn't make sense to get rid of the hitting coach when it's the pitching that has been struggling.

My guess is that Eppard was let go because he was with the Angels for one year and thus wasn't part of the good ole boys club.