• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

The organization having individuals in place that make good evaluations and decisions on draft day is much more important than having a better pick. This alone is why it is silly to root for your team to lose, especially in baseball. 

How is it an either/or situation? Is having a lower pick going to get the Angels better scouts and decision makers?

I'm a better fan than all of the rest of you combined.

Prove otherwise.

Pulled from FanGraphs: ettin > Mark68+Tank+Remainder of AW.com Community

See! Mathematical equations in action! :P

Edited by ettin

Poozy, I am not going to change your opinion on this but I'm guessing there are as many successful players playing right now that were drafted 15th as there are drafted 10th.

I agree. I'm done arguing about this subject anymore though. It's been exhausted to death.

I didn't want this team to totally tank the last 6 weeks of the season, in order to get  better draft picks.

I wanted them to tank so that there would be zero chance that Arte would waffle (like he is) about bringing Scioscia back for another season. The indecision being shown now is what I had hoped wouldn't happen. Arte makes some really bad personnel decisions, and I am afraid he is preparing to make another one.  (or make no changes which is the same thing) 

Edited by Homebrewer

Poozy, I am not going to change your opinion on this but I'm guessing there are as many successful players playing right now that were drafted 15th as there are drafted 10th.

Notable players drafted 10th overall since 1984: Mark McGwire, Robin Ventura, Charles Johnson, Carl Everett, Eric Chavez, Jon Garland, Carlos Pena, Ben Sheets, Cameron Maybin, Tim Lincecum, Madison Bumgarner, Jason Castro (pretty good year as the Astros catcher), and Drew Storen (and too early to say from 2010-)

Notable players drafted 15th overall since 1984: Royce Clayton, Chris Carpenter, Chase Utley, Scott Kazmir, and Stephen Drew

HB, you have no idea if Arte is waffling on his decision or not. Because it hasn't happened on your timeline doesn't mean it won't happen.

And you have no idea either. Owners/GMs that are on the same page and are committed to moving forward and improving were ready to make their intentions known the day the season ended. This delay suggests that, as usual, there is a difference in opinion, and some indecision in the FO, concerning Scioscia and his chosen lieutenants..