• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

So because someone chooses not to spend money on something that frustrates them. Especially when they are losing and giving there hard earned cash to an owner who has proven that he is up to no good. That makes them less of a fan. Heck I had season tickets and I just gave them away the last month of the season because I didn't want to go to the games to watch them suck. Does that make me not a good fan? Because according to you I paid for my seats but then I didn't go to the games. Which is more valuable paying the Angels or actually going to the game. 

I am getting really sick and tired of some of the people on this site talking condescendingly to people acting as though they are better fans and think they are higher and mightier than someone else. It is peoples hard earned cash and there is only 24 hours in a day. When something frustrates people and they choose to not continue to watch, pay for or buy gear. It does not make them less or more of a fan. Everyone here or mostly everyone here is a fan of the Angels. Some of you people need to get over yourselves. I have been a die hard Angels fan since I can remember. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and stop comparing yourselves to other people. Talking down to them and shit is really annoying. I love coming to this site and talking Angels baseball with you guys and gals but its really getting to the point where I question whether or not to keep coming here when so many of you guys are filled with just internet venom, that wouldn't say half the stuff you say if you weren't behind your computer screen at home or at the office or 1500 miles by car to Anaheim.

Some people on this forum get off on belittling others opinions, its kinda pathetic.  It is possible to respond to something you disagree with without being a dick, or even just not responding at all and finding something you do agree with and respond to that (yes, its possible).  When I read outlandish shit on here I just laugh and move on, why people like mtangelsfan and his buddy can't is beyond me.  

I just don't like the whole. I've been a fan longer you. You're just not as fan enough as I am kind of stuff. Really all fans are the same. Whether they've been a fan for 40 years or a fan for 10 minutes. They are still a fan. Maybe I've done things in the past to belittle or just out of pure annoyance or having a bad day. And I apologize for that. But really the high and mightier stuff has got to end. But maybe that's just me.

MT I know that I could be a pain in the as* but I like everybody here. I admit that I do get frustrated with the team and I spout it out but I'm still a fan of the team and always will be. I never attempt to make it personal with anyone here. It's the best Angels message board around. I like it here.  

I have really never seen a website that has moderators that refuse to let go of any argument, talk down on posters, and  just overall come across as condescending pricks...it really is sad because this is a great place outside of some of the unpleasant "policemen" that just love to argue and belittle people.

Which moderators are you referring to?

Kevin, I don't try to come across like a superfan, I really don't. I won't apologize for my opinion that people who root for the team to lose are pathetic, no matter what the reason is. I don't think I'm better than they are, I just could never agree with that as a philosophy. I guess my question is and this is a sincere question. If the team frustrates you to the point that you refuse to go to the games then why spend so much time on here? I truly don't want to sound like you shouldn't I'm just trying to understand it.

Kevin, I don't try to come across like a superfan, I really don't. I won't apologize for my opinion that people who root for the team to lose are pathetic, no matter what the reason is. I don't think I'm better than they are, I just could never agree with that as a philosophy. I guess my question is and this is a sincere question. If the team frustrates you to the point that you refuse to go to the games then why spend so much time on here? I truly don't want to sound like you shouldn't I'm just trying to understand it.

Totally understand. I guess partly my addicted personality. I've done it for so long that it's just part of my random website search. Other reason is I truly want the best for the Angels and want them to be good again. So coming on here and talking to other fans who also want them to be good again is good therapy. I've had season seats going on ten years or so. Give or take. The season was too much. The frustration was just that frustration. Why I gave up the seats for next year.

Although it seems Artes heart is in the right place with wanting to just sign players. He's going about it all wrong in my opinion. And I just can't justify to myself to buy season tickets when I see the gram going in the wrong direction. That and with basically season tickets costs going up just didn't feel it was worth it right now. Maybe not going to games and other people doing the same night change the front office minds on some things. But till I feel like the ship is going in the right direction. There's no reason spending my money on it. Plus I have a ton of Angels stuff already so ya lol. Sorry for typos. Typing from my iPhone