• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

If anyone is getting canned they would just do it and not play up some announcement to belittle the fired.

I think it's the other way around. If they were both staying it'd have been real easy to make a short statement saying as much right after the season finished. Arte is still deciding or trying to find somewhere to trade Mike.

I'm okay with this (except for needing to get Trout under contract at least through age 29/30 season). They do have the 3 players up here (Kendrick, Bourjos, and Trumbo), from which to dangle one to get a young cost controlled starter.

Then re-sign Vargas (not taking much more than he made this season). I look at 2014 as a building season for Richards and the young cost controlled starter. Then 2015 becomes the year to seriously contend.

BUT, if significant improvement on 78-84 doesn't happen by 2018, it's time for sure for a managerial change.

NO MORE AGING SLUGGERS FOR BIG MONEY! That's partly how we got into this mess.

Fixed

I am not an Angel fan, but I think Dipoto should be released and as Mike Scioscia is a former Dodger player, he should be given Dipoto's postion. Another former Dodger is now out of work, namely Dusty Baker. He has taken the Reds to the playoffs twice in the last 3 years.

Edited by pdblue

I am not an Angel fan, but I think Dipoto should be released and as Mike Scioscia is a former Dodger player, he should be given Dipoto's postion. Another former Dodger is now out of work, namely Dusty Baker. He has taken the Reds twice in the last 3 years.

Wow, good thing you aren't calling the shots lol

It doesn't take a superfan to know that rooting for your own team to lose is douchebaggery.

You want to talk about an act, yours is old too.

w/e man..We're all passionate fans posting on a message board.

I just don't think people need to go around calling other people bad fans or less of a fan because their opinion may be different.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but do you not see the point that getting a higher/better draft position in each round of the draft, which means a bigger budget to spend on the draft without penalty, can be beneficial in the long term?  Yes, the probability of those picks being relevant in terms of mlb production is low, but it certainly doesn't hurt having a better slot

Definitely wanted the Angels to tank after mid-August.  Especially considering the '14 draft class.

I think they still have a good pick. The college draft class is deep as hell next year for pitchers.

Edited by tdawg87

What were the Angels supposed to do for the better pick? Bench Mike Trout? Start Blanton instead of Weaver? Leave Kendrick on the DL even though he was ready to play?

How bout the players? Several were playing for future jobs, money, and playing time

Such a silly topic. Rooting for losses is weird. Especially in baseball.