• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

Didn't say that.  However it is the reason I believe.  If you are going to make a claim of knowledge, you should be willing to back it up, don't you think?

So you didn't say that that's the only reason for him to not share names, just that that's why he won't share names. Got it.

I think there's plenty of reasons besides "they don't exist" for Scott to not want to share those names of players who told him something about Scioscia, especially on an open message board that is visited by people with connections to the Angels' organization.

I also don't think that Scott sharing a list of those names would sway anyone anyway. The people whose opinion on Scioscia is reinforced by whoever those players are would agree with it. Those who disagree would dismiss it as those players being bitter because they feel they've been denied an opportunity because of Scioscia or whatever(like when Trevor Bell criticized him).

To get back on topic

If Dipoto was going to be fired, I think it would've happened immediately, that way the search for a GM would be resolved before the signings begin. If anyone gets let go of, it'll be sosh

Ya, considering the Scioscia situation is more complex with the contract and the chance of trading him instead, I'm inclined to agree.

I don't quite buy the idea that they still haven't made a decision. And it would not be a great sign if that was the case, IMO.

Edited by jshep

Then don't make the claim Scott.  It's empty.

Exactly. Does it really matter if some players don't like Mike anyways? Dusty baker is viewed by players as one of the top managers to play for, this is well known. Where is Dusty right now? These are grown men, if they can't play hard for a boss that isn't their favorite I really wouldn't want them around anyways. 

I just don't agree that a select handful of players, out of the many who have played for Mike, who didn't or still do not like MS's style should even be part of the discussion when talking about retaining or dismissing him as manager.  

Edited by James

I understand that way of thinking. Dont have a problem with it. But what if the players said 'ill start trying again when our fans get better'

There's no comparison. It's there job and they get paid a ton of money. Most players don't have enough talent to make it in MLB "without trying" or going through the motions.

I don't think Arte's ego would let him do this, but he could be waiting on the Dodgers to be finished with the playoffs in order to trade him there. If the Angels were retaining Scioscia then it would've been announced by now, and if the Dodgers wanted Mattingly to return, I think they would've already picked up his option. This quote from ESPN is right

"Why wait on a making a no-brainer decision that would be in the best interest of the team and in the process avoid any potential distractions later?"

Then don't make the claim Scott.  It's empty.

This. Don't ever report anything again unless you're willing to spill all the details, including who told you anything in confidence. You may never get anything again, but it will make for a good story once. /sarcasm

I don't understand why some people demand details from people who are close to the club and have an idea what is going on, and insist that the story is false if they don't give them up.

This. Don't ever report anything again unless you're willing to spill all the details, including who told you anything in confidence. You may never get anything again, but it will make for a good story once. /sarcasm

I don't understand why some people demand details from people who are close to the club and have an idea what is going on, and insist that the story is false if they don't give them up.

Because then anyone can claim anything.  You have to have credibility to make claims of fact.  That or have proof.  To me, Scott has neither.