• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

What were the Angels supposed to do for the better pick? Bench Mike Trout? Start Blanton instead of Weaver? Leave Kendrick on the DL even though he was ready to play?

How bout the players? Several were playing for future jobs, money, and playing time

Such a silly topic. Rooting for losses is weird. Especially in baseball.

The people rooting for losses won 84 times this season.

Definitely wanted the Angels to tank after mid-August.  Especially considering the '14 draft class.

The potential 14 draft class could look very different by 2014 - guys fall and rise all over the place.  Chris Bootcheck was considered by many to be the best pitcher who would be available in the draft the year before he was drafted, a possible overall number one pick..  Then he tanked, fell to us at like 20 and was a marginal MLB player.  

The people rooting for losses won 84 times this season.

Nah. They weren't rooting for losses until July at the earliest.   

mt brought up a good point. Some of the people rooting for losses at the end of the season went to a game or two, and I doubt they openly rooted against the Angels.   

While I don't side completely with Poozy on his "superior fan" argument, that's pretty much the exact type of thing he is talking about. Acting like you are a better, more mature, or even a more loyal fan than someone else because you were blessed to be born during the early years of the team's history and stuck with them through those years is pretty lame. There's also a big difference between paying money to see the team and following them on TV/Online/Radio.

I wouldn't pay money to see the team when they play like they did this year. Most people wouldn't. Doesn't mean I wouldn't still watch the games and follow them and hope they win.

Edited by tdawg87

When somebody says they wont go to games I can only compare them to when I went to games all the decades when the team wasn't very good.  I would pay money just to watch Mike Trout play now just like I payed money to watch Nolan Ryan pitch back then.  

IMO, if you aren't willing to go to games (if you are able) then I question what kind of fan you are.  I won't apologize for that thinking either.

When somebody says they wont go to games I can only compare them to when I went to games all the decades when the team wasn't very good.  I would pay money just to watch Mike Trout play now just like I payed money to watch Nolan Ryan pitch back then.  

IMO, if you aren't willing to go to games (if you are able) then I question what kind of fan you are.  I won't apologize for that thinking either.

That's just like thinking that the Wells contract doesn't effect the way the Angels spend money on other players. Just because you are financially able to go the games doesn't mean you can't spend that money else where.

So because someone chooses not to spend money on something that frustrates them. Especially when they are losing and giving there hard earned cash to an owner who has proven that he is up to no good. That makes them less of a fan. Heck I had season tickets and I just gave them away the last month of the season because I didn't want to go to the games to watch them suck. Does that make me not a good fan? Because according to you I paid for my seats but then I didn't go to the games. Which is more valuable paying the Angels or actually going to the game. 

I am getting really sick and tired of some of the people on this site talking condescendingly to people acting as though they are better fans and think they are higher and mightier than someone else. It is peoples hard earned cash and there is only 24 hours in a day. When something frustrates people and they choose to not continue to watch, pay for or buy gear. It does not make them less or more of a fan. Everyone here or mostly everyone here is a fan of the Angels. Some of you people need to get over yourselves. I have been a die hard Angels fan since I can remember. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and stop comparing yourselves to other people. Talking down to them and shit is really annoying. I love coming to this site and talking Angels baseball with you guys and gals but its really getting to the point where I question whether or not to keep coming here when so many of you guys are filled with just internet venom, that wouldn't say half the stuff you say if you weren't behind your computer screen at home or at the office. 

Meh, you talk down to people all the time.  I'll choose not to take advise from you.

People can do whatever they want.  I'm not making a law.  I'm not forcing anyone to go to games, spend their money, buy gear or anything of the sort.  I can formulate my opinions about that though just like you.

Meh, you talk down to people all the time.  I'll choose not to take advise from you.

People can do whatever they want.  I'm not making a law.  I'm not forcing anyone to go to games, spend their money, buy gear or anything of the sort.  I can formulate my opinions about that though just like you.

No I don't but ok then.