• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

and that's fine.  I would argue that they would miss out on a bunch of great things.  I got to see Nolan Ryan pitch a no-hitter going to see a crappy team play.

Even in the worst of blowout games, I hang around until the last out. You never know what you might see, whether or not it affects the outcome of the game.

If people want to believe all he says due to other times he was right, I can understand that. However, I can also understand why some would like to hear the facts on this in order to accept something as fact. Telling these said people that they are wrong for wanting to hear the proof and not just blindly believing someone is stupid. If he was a journalist and wrote this as a story many would question him as well. Scott himself should understand that and either refrain from making comments he isnt willing to back up or expect to be ridiculed.

Nice strawman. The wrong part was in reference to Scott having no credibility. I see him as having more credibility than some ESPN writers. *cough* Buster Olney *cough*

a ton of guys have commented how great Spring Training is and how Mike makes it fun.

Which, IMO is the reason his April and May results have become increasingly worse. Scioscia even talked at length about how it was important to get off to a good start this year, yet he didn't do what was needed to get it done...AGAIN!

That in itself is enough cause for him to be booted.

My point to my post was you guys can't have it both ways. Players hate him because he is a control freak, so fire him. He runs a loose spring training that the players love, so fire him.

My point to my post was you guys can't have it both ways. Players hate him because he is a control freak, so fire him. He runs a loose spring training that the players love, so fire him.

If they fire Scioscia and the new manager sucks everyone will say we should have fired Dipoto and kept Sosh.

and that's fine. I would argue that they would miss out on a bunch of great things. I got to see Nolan Ryan pitch a no-hitter going to see a crappy team play.

Same here with Ryan's 383rd K in 1973. It is neat to have in person witness a high profile MLB record that still stands. That and also being at the Coliseum when Willie Ellison set the then NFL single game rushing record of 247 yds in 1971, breaking Jim Brown's 8 year old record of 243 yds.

Unfortunately, I wasn't there in person for either of Ryan's 2 home no-hitters, just a 1-hitter in the 1977 home opener (F'n Bob Stinson and his 3rd inning double).

Edited by Angel Oracle

I believe the should realize Scioscia's contract is a sunk cost. If we can't trade him and save $$ then fire him.

This team needs a new manager.

Why?? Because you don't like him??

Players under performed and bad pitching led to a terrible year.... Not Scioscia.

Why?? Because you don't like him??

Players under performed and bad pitching led to a terrible year.... Not Scioscia.

As manager shouldn't he be held accountable for a 4 year absence from the post season. Where players did not play up to their abilities?

As manager shouldn't he be held accountable for a 4 year absence from the post season. Where players did not play up to their abilities?

So which manager could have made Blanton and Hanson perform this year? Which manager could have made Santana and Haren perform the year before? 

The offense hasn't been the problem the last couple of years even if some players underperformed, every team has players who do so every season. I am not saying they shouldn't replace Sosh but it is not as cut and dry as many believe it is. Sometimes a new voice is needed and that can quite possibly be the case in this instance. However, if they replace him as manager, they better bring in somebody who has a great track record. 

Edited by James

If you hadn't been boycotting games you would have noticed Wells, Hamilton, Blanton, Rodney, Blanton, Santana...etc, not playing at their previous capabilities.

At the risk of sounding douchey, none of my call-up/trade news is proof/credibility?

Well to be fair -- it would only impact credibility if it's the guys who are actually in MLB that are telling you they hate him.  I don't think anyone doubts you have made some minor league contacts, but,not really sure if that applies in this case.

I have little doubt some players hate MS, I'm sure others love him.  You can say the same thing about every single manager in MLB.   Darin Erstad, Disar, and Hollins, LOVED Terry Collins -- pretty much everyone else hated him and his penchant for hiding behind his coaches...   

I became an Angels fan in 1994. Not exactly during the golden era of the organization. And again, you are still missing the fact that most people would still follow the team at home. It's free, it's easy, and if you don't want to continue watching you can just shut it off and do something else.

If people want to just stop following the team altogether when they suck then I will admit that is incredibly lame, but there's a very significant difference between that and not wanting to pay money to follow them.

So YOU are why they cancelled the post season that year.   Thanks a lot.