• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

they actually had enough depth to overcome an injury.  Richards would have been a capable replacement for the injuries to Weaver and Vargas had that been about it.  Rarely do teams have enough depth to overcome losing 2/5ths of their rotation to poor performance on top of 2/3rds of a season to an equivalent #2 starter (10 starts each from Weaver and Vargas). 

If you need to gear your offseason for the possibility of half your rotation either being out or sucking, you are in deep shit trouble. 

People complaining about Scioscia and how he preps the team during Spring Training and whether this effects the team at the start of the season is ridiculous. A bunch of thoughts without any evidence or coherency.

I've heard enough through people connected to the game that many players, including former dodger teammates, can't stand Scioscia. The reasons why legitimately question whether he is the person to lead this team.

This is just my opinion, gleaned from talking to those who know more than I. And no, I'm not sharing who my sources are. I'm just exercising my 1st amendment rights. This isn't Britain with its hideous libel laws.

Edited by YouthofToday

Ummmm.....go back an read what Valentine did.

I don't dislike Valentine but Mike Scoiscia is a way better manager than that.

And that is your opinion. There are many ways to judge a manger. You can judge him by how he acts in the clubhouse and toward his player or how he managed the games or just by the results on the field. The results on the field right now are not in Scioscia's favor just like they were not in Valentines favor.

What's with all the people that have sources that say no one likes Mike?

Why don't these sources or people posting bring this up years ago when the team was winning and only now when the team had a bad year?

A bad year? Try four.

Edited by Scott34

The Angels had a mostly healthy team this year outside of a few injuries, which is to be expected for every team.

Are you on drugs?

Weaver goes down on his second start.  Aybar and Callaspo (half our infield) goes down for almost a month.  Bourjos plays half a year.  Vargas does down for six weeks.

We had no pitching depth to begin with.  We had 40% of our rotation almost guaranteeing a loss and adding a scrub to replace Weaver and then later Vargas made that almost 60% guaranteed losses!

Its not just a small number of injuries, it is key injuries to key players at the beginning of the year.  That is why I don't blame Scioscia for the poor start this year.

And that is your opinion. There are many ways to judge a manger. You can judge him by how he acts in the clubhouse and toward his player or how he managed the games or just by the results on the field. The results on the field right now are not in Scioscia's favor just like they were not in Valentines favor.

So.... Scioscia plays the games now?? Don't you think he would be gone by now if there were so many complaints about him in the clubhouse??

This board loses all sense of reality when losing takes place. I don't want to see the team lose but I think the players have to play the game

Are you on drugs?

Weaver goes down on his second start.  Aybar and Callaspo (half our infield) goes down for almost a month.  Bourjos plays half a year.  Vargas does down for six weeks.

We had no pitching depth to begin with.  We had 40% of our rotation almost guaranteeing a loss and adding a scrub to replace Weaver and then later Vargas made that almost 60% guaranteed losses!

Its not just a small number of injuries, it is key injuries to key players at the beginning of the year.  That is why I don't blame Scioscia for the poor start this year.

every single team deals with these same freaking injuries. Do you really want me go playoff team to playoff team to list all the players that got hurt.

I'm not even trying to argue if Scioscia is at fault for not being able to win with a normal amount of injuries. Most of the blame falls on Jerry D for that.

Edited by Poozy

Normal amount of injuries? All four of our infielders and our starting center fielder missed significant amounts of time. As did our ace, our number three and number four starters. Oh don't forget the two top bullpen guys that were brought in during the off season.

Normal amount of injuries? All four of our infielders and our starting center fielder missed significant amounts of time. As did our ace, our number three and number four starters. Oh don't forget the two top bullpen guys that were brought in during the off season.

I'm sorry, but I'm really not seeing the angels having that many more injuries compared to the other teams.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/los-angeles-angels/injuries.html

Especially looking at the Redsox, Dodgers and braves.

Edited by Poozy

What's with all the people that have sources that say no one likes Mike?

Why don't these sources or people posting bring this up years ago when the team was winning and only now when the team had a bad year?

I'll try to answer this for you B. YoT is full of it and doesn't have sources and I wouldn't expect Scott, who I believe is 18 or 19, to have sources five years ago because he was in middle school at the time, maybe grade school.

Ok, did they have more injuries than the A's, Tigers, Indians, Rays, Pittsburgh, Reds and Cardinals? I also find it hard to believe those teams you listed lost 60% of their starting rotation and each of their infielder, their starting CFer and their two top bullpen arms.

Ok, did they have more injuries than the A's, Tigers, Indians, Rays, Pittsburgh, Reds and Cardinals? I also find it hard to believe those teams you listed lost 60% of their starting rotation and each of their infielder, their starting CFer and their two top bullpen arms.

Was 60% of their rotation out at once or at different times in the season?

And the fact that Hanson was out probably improved the team. 

I'm not sure that the Angels' problem this year was as much the number of injuries they suffered as it was that they didn't have a ton of actually good depth when those guys did get hurt.

exactly...like I said... I think it falls more on Jerry D than anything.