• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

Or Arte and Mike are working on a buyout. Or Arte is considering "promoting" Mike. Or Jerry and Arte are looking into the idea of trading Mike. We have no idea what's going to happen, I'm just not the one on here saying Arte is indecisive when we have no clue if that's the case.

As fans we are emotional. As a business they have to do what they feel is best for the organization even if it takes until the post season is over to make that decision.

What if the Angels fire Mike, then on Monday the Dodgers get eliminated and fire Mattingly. Then the Dodgers hire Mike. Don't you think that possibly a trade could have happened if he was still employed by the Angels? Be patient, until Arte or the team announce their plan there is still a chance we will all get what we want.

Having a higher draft pick doesn't guarantee anything. Baseball is riddled with busts.

However, the thing that I mostly wanted was that protected pick. And the higher the Angels pick, the more money they get to spend on the draft.

It's not just about that one selection.

Having a higher draft pick doesn't guarantee anything. Baseball is riddled with busts.

However, the thing that I mostly wanted was that protected pick. And the higher the Angels pick, the more money they get to spend on the draft.

It's not just about that one selection.

Most understand that and those who didnt have been informed of this a few times on this board. You still don't lose on purpose, what kind of organization would do that? Talk about creating a toxic environment.

I can't imagine any targets where the unprotected pick will be an issue

Garza was traded so you don't lose a pick for him (even though I hope they don't go there)

Cano?  They aren't signing Cano. 

anyone else?

they might actually get another pick if the qual Vargas and instead of bringing him back they sign Tanaka and trade for a solid young starter. 

Kuroda does seem likely to get a qualifying offer. He's the only guy they should really even be considering that I can think of that would cost a pick.

Santana will get a qualifying offer as well, although we've seen far too much of Ervin for me to be cool with the Angels getting in on the bidding there considering where it figures to be.

Of course there is still the chance the team decides to inexplicably blow it's load on an unnecessary position player again. And then you get into a few more who would cost picks.

Edited by jshep

Kuroda does seem likely to get a qualifying offer. He's the only guy they should really even be considering that I can think of that would cost a pick.

Santana will get a qualifying offer as well, although we've seen far too much of Ervin for me to be cool with the Angels getting in on the bidding there considering where it figures to be.

Of course there is still the chance the team decides to inexplicably blow it's load on an unnecessary position player again. And then you get into a few more who would cost picks.

If Kuroda plays, it's gonna be for the yanks. They aren't bringing back Santana. If they bring in another high priced position player without extending trout, then this team is destined to fail anyway and one extra pick isn't going to save them from that.

If Kuroda plays, it's gonna be for the yanks. They aren't bringing back Santana. If they bring in another high priced position player without extending trout, then this team is destined to fail anyway and one extra pick isn't going to save them from that.

I think Kuroda could be had for 1 or 2 years. Why not go after him? 

I don't think he's worth it if the angels also have to give up their first rounder though

Edited by Poozy

I just don't like the idea of losing a pick for one year of an aging pitcher.  Yeah he's performed well the last two years, but at some point he's gonna have a tough year and it would be just our luck to get that year. 

he was 0-6 with a 6.6 era in his last 8 starts. 

to me, a 1 year flier at about 6-8mil would be fine.  A 1-2 yr at about 15mil per for a guy that's gonna be 39 to start the season and poor performance of the latter 3rd of his most recent year all the while giving up a pick to get him?  No thanks. 

If a 29yo has a rough ending to a season then I'd be less worried, but he's 39. 

to me, this should be like the 5th or 6th option. 

Or Arte and Mike are working on a buyout. Or Arte is considering "promoting" Mike. Or Jerry and Arte are looking into the idea of trading Mike. We have no idea what's going to happen, I'm just not the one on here saying Arte is indecisive when we have no clue if that's the case.

As fans we are emotional. As a business they have to do what they feel is best for the organization even if it takes until the post season is over to make that decision.

What if the Angels fire Mike, then on Monday the Dodgers get eliminated and fire Mattingly. Then the Dodgers hire Mike. Don't you think that possibly a trade could have happened if he was still employed by the Angels? Be patient, until Arte or the team announce their plan there is still a chance we will all get what we want.

I think Arte is pondering a lot of things. I'm sure he's not happy about missing out on all that playoff revenue again after investing so much in the team. I sure hope that he uses good judgement for whatever he decides to do. If you move Scioscia out you better have someone that can take this team to the playoffs in his place.

That is the biggest concern.  If you bring in somebody new, are they going to be better than Sosh?

If you ask around here it would seem that any replacement will be better. But any replacement will make poor decisions with the bullpen, and the lineup, and when the team struggles he will be looked at as the one failing instead of the players.

Until managers become perfect robots who are able to predict the future this will always be the case.

I just don't like the idea of losing a pick for one year of an aging pitcher.  Yeah he's performed well the last two years, but at some point he's gonna have a tough year and it would be just our luck to get that year.

Kuroda is 38 years old. Do we really want to hand him a two-year deal? It would have the potential of making Joe Blanton look like the second coming of Justin Verlander.

If you ask around here it would seem that any replacement will be better. But any replacement will make poor decisions with the bullpen, and the lineup, and when the team struggles he will be looked at as the one failing instead of the players.

Until managers become perfect robots who are able to predict the future this will always be the case.

That is how I feel.  It could be they need a new voice, but it can't be just any voice.

Kuroda is 38 years old. Do we really want to hand him a two-year deal? It would have the potential of making Joe Blanton look like the second coming of Justin Verlander.

Do you really think a guy with a career WHIP of 1.18 is going to turn into Joe Blanton? I would take a 50 year old Kuroda over a 32 year old Blanton.