• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

I've read this message board a lot over the years, and even though I disagree with him on issues quite often, Scott most certainly does have connections. His success rate on calling callups/trades is pretty good. He's been the first to call several things IIRC, before even the twitter guys (Alden, Fletcher, Digiavonni, etc.)

I don't doubt for a second that he's been told by former players that Sosh tries to control/micromanage their every movement. Trevor Bell OPENLY said it on twitter. Torii Hunter once called out Sosh in April last year saying that the coaches need to step up too. I'm sure you Sosh apologists will just dismiss this saying those players are bitter and blah blah blah (like Jshep said), but there are clear signs of Scioscia being a control freak in the clubhouse.

I am guessing they all respect Scioscia but may not all like him. It's funny that a ton of guys have commented how great Spring Training is and how Mike makes it fun. However he is a control freak during the regular season. I'm not saying that isn't the case I just find it peculiar. One other thing I would add is that we can all agree that the team has been consistently getting the season off to slow starts. So, if he runs a loose fun clubhouse during spring training and the results are lousy start to the season, shouldn't he run a more regimented controlled clubhouse during spring to see if that helps?

Oh and I don't give a lot of credence to Trevor Bell, if his problem with Scioscia was real, then he could have just gone on and had success with another team after his release. To me he sounds like someone that struggles with the reality of being a AAAA pitcher.

I've read this message board a lot over the years, and even though I disagree with him on issues quite often, Scott most certainly does have connections. His success rate on calling callups/trades is pretty good. He's been the first to call several things IIRC, before even the twitter guys (Alden, Fletcher, Digiavonni, etc.)

I don't doubt for a second that he's been told by former players that Sosh tries to control/micromanage their every movement. Trevor Bell OPENLY said it on twitter. Torii Hunter once called out Sosh in April last year saying that the coaches need to step up too. I'm sure you Sosh apologists will just dismiss this saying those players are bitter and blah blah blah (like Jshep said), but there are clear signs of Scioscia being a control freak in the clubhouse.

Once again, I am not taking a stance on the whole Scott thing really but Torii wanted to stay here. He obviously didn't mind playing for Sosh. 

I'm not talking about credibility overall.  Scott has made some good calls (and some not good ones).  For me I am referring to credibility regarding Sosh.

When he suggests that anyone would be a better manager than Sosh, that loses a lot of credibility with me.

Look guys, I want to apologize if I have come off bad over the last few days.  I have been suffering from migraines that no doctor can seem to figure out.  This current one I have had since Wednesday.  I have missed work, church, time with my family and so you guys get stuck with me instead.  So sorry.

Wrong.

Wasn't Scott one of the first to report Trout's call up?

If people want to believe all he says due to other times he was right, I can understand that. However, I can also understand why some would like to hear the facts on this in order to accept something as fact. Telling these said people that they are wrong for wanting to hear the proof and not just blindly believing someone is stupid. If he was a journalist and wrote this as a story many would question him as well. Scott himself should understand that and either refrain from making comments he isnt willing to back up or expect to be ridiculed. 

I'm not talking about credibility overall.  Scott has made some good calls (and some not good ones).  For me I am referring to credibility regarding Sosh.

When he suggests that anyone would be a better manager than Sosh, that loses a lot of credibility with me.

Look guys, I want to apologize if I have come off bad over the last few days.  I have been suffering from migraines that no doctor can seem to figure out.  This current one I have had since Wednesday.  I have missed work, church, time with my family and so you guys get stuck with me instead.  So sorry.

Shut up asshole.

Because then anyone can claim anything.  You have to have credibility to make claims of fact.  That or have proof.  To me, Scott has neither.

It's no different than someone saying a birdie told him something. But you don't question their credibility.

Edited by BaseballMom

I am guessing they all respect Scioscia but may not all like him. It's funny that a ton of guys have commented how great Spring Training is and how Mike makes it fun. However he is a control freak during the regular season. I'm not saying that isn't the case I just find it peculiar. One other thing I would add is that we can all agree that the team has been consistently getting the season off to slow starts. So, if he runs a loose fun clubhouse during spring training and the results are lousy start to the season, shouldn't he run a more regimented controlled clubhouse during spring to see if that helps?

a ton of guys have commented how great Spring Training is and how Mike makes it fun.

Which, IMO is the reason his April and May results have become increasingly worse. Scioscia even talked at length about how it was important to get off to a good start this year, yet he didn't do what was needed to get it done...AGAIN!

That in itself is enough cause for him to be booted.

But even if Scott did reveal his sources then the people who don't believe him will just say well I want to hear him say that for himself or was it ever written upon. There really is a no win situation for Scott if he revealed sources or not. People will believe him and the other people will not. Btw I am sorry your feeling shitty MT. Keeping ya in my prayers bud. Feel better soon.

It's no different than someone saying a birdie told him something. But you don't question their credibility.

If it came from a parakeet you know you can't trust it. Everyone knows that. 

Honestly though, that person also got a lot of crap for using the little birdie line as well. 

Thing is though, not many people went to the games in the 1970s. I would go the night of the game and normally get a solid field box seat. Average paid crowds until the late 70s were maybe 10,000, maybe 15,000 by 1977.

Averaging = any non-promotion game.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Thing is though, not many people went to the games in the 1970s. I would go the night of the game and normally get a solid field box seat. Average paid crowds until the late 70s were maybe 10,000, maybe 15,000 by 1977.

Averaging = any non-promotion game.

And the vast majority of the "fans" at that time were not even watching the game...

I became an Angels fan in 1994. Not exactly during the golden era of the organization. And again, you are still missing the fact that most people would still follow the team at home. It's free, it's easy, and if you don't want to continue watching you can just shut it off and do something else.

If people want to just stop following the team altogether when they suck then I will admit that is incredibly lame, but there's a very significant difference between that and not wanting to pay money to follow them.

LOL, I question Chuck all of the time.  If you don't believe me, ask him.  In fact, I'm guessing he sees me as a pain in the ass.

lol...I will take your word for it....Sorry you are feeling crappy.  Don't know if reading this board will help out at all though...;)