• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto and Mike are staying??

kevinb

thank you - all he is saying is that EITHER WAY, there will be some sort of announcement.  There has been NO DECISION as of yet.

That's kind of how I read it too.  I am hopeful that they are working out an arrangement with Scioscia. 

yeah, that's my hope too.  obviously every day that goes by without an announcement, makes it seem more and more likely they're both staying.  but who knows.

How old are you? Baseball is a business. Me buying tickets or a baseball cap or shirt is giving money directly to Arte and his staff. So no I'm not taking away my fandom but by not buying stuff and supporting His baseball team. Maybe it will be less money in his pocket and if enough people do it. Well then maybe things will change for the better.

I'm old enough to remember the bad years.  Go ahead and go on your Angel Spending Strike.  I will continue to support the Angels, just like I did when Disney owned them and when the Autry's owned them.  I will say this, I applaud you for your decision to do that.  However you may want to ask yourself why you are here.  This place is basically Angel propaganda website.  It may not be owned by the Angels but it certainly promotes the team and this site could encourage others to spend money on the team.  Oh, and I don't look at baseball as a business as a fan, I would assume that would ruin my enjoyment of it.  I totally get that if you are playing or owning a team it is a business, but as a fan its an awful way to view a great game. 

How old are you? Baseball is a business. Me buying tickets or a baseball cap or shirt is giving money directly to Arte and his staff. So no I'm not taking away my fandom but by not buying stuff and supporting His baseball team. Maybe it will be less money in his pocket and if enough people do it. Well then maybe things will change for the better.

Why are you unable to converse without insults?  

Anyway, you may be taking money from Arte's pockets, but he can afford it.  Maybe the other pockets you are taking money from can't afford it so much though.  Regardless, its your right to spend money wherever you wish.  My problem is more with people who say they won't follow the team or root for them.

yeah, that's my hope too.  obviously every day that goes by without an announcement, makes it seem more and more likely they're both staying.  but who knows.

I don't see it that way.  Well I do as far as Dipoto goes, if he was leaving we would know.  Scioscia is a different story.  He will not be fired, but rather reassigned if anything. 

The team finally got a repeatable rotation for SP in late August and we saw what we are used to with the Angels team.  Dipoto has not had a chance to prove himself if things we read about Arte stepping in on Pujols and Hamilton.  It's hard for me to blame Scioscia when the team had so many injuries to key personnel.  Pujols was never healthy and then Weaver went down. 

Both Mike and Jerry deserve another year of healthy players and a few additions - 1 SP (assuming JV is re-signed) and BP help.  Then we can see how the team performs.  Blaming Scioscia for this year of Blanton/Hanson and Dipoto's BP additions who barely pitched is simply silly.

The team finally got a repeatable rotation for SP in late August and we saw what we are used to with the Angels team.  Dipoto has not had a chance to prove himself if things we read about Arte stepping in on Pujols and Hamilton.  It's hard for me to blame Scioscia when the team had so many injuries to key personnel.  Pujols was never healthy and then Weaver went down. 

Both Mike and Jerry deserve another year of healthy players and a few additions - 1 SP (assuming JV is re-signed) and BP help.  Then we can see how the team performs.  Blaming Scioscia for this year of Blanton/Hanson and Dipoto's BP additions who barely pitched is simply silly.

Yep, just reactionary fan responses who aren't thinking rationally. No manager would have been successful with the roster this past season. 

Edited by James

My biggest issue isn't necessarily with Sosh, it's just that I don't see him and Dipoto as seeing the game the same way.   Arte has to pick one or the other and as unimpressed with Dipoto as I have been it really isn't fair to let him go when he hasn't even been able to hire his own guy to be at the helm.

I agree Lawrence, I think one of two things will happen.  He will be signed to an extension next offseason.  Or you will see the team try to shed some payroll, by trading Aybar and or Kendrick to get high ceiling pitching prospects that are major league ready.  If that happens I could see an extension happen this offseason.  I do love someones idea to give him a 20 year deal with an opt out after 10.  The final 10 years would be very minimal dollars, but the average annual dollar amount be low. 

This could also mean that Arte is finally saying sorry guys, I've got a stadium to fix and a parking lot to develop so you guys better get along and figure it out. And I'm not going to increase the payroll or handout anymore long term contracts anytime soon.

Edited by Hamiltown

Why are you unable to converse without insults?  

Anyway, you may be taking money from Arte's pockets, but he can afford it.  Maybe the other pockets you are taking money from can't afford it so much though.  Regardless, its your right to spend money wherever you wish.  My problem is more with people who say they won't follow the team or root for them.

What insult did I throw his way. I asked him how old are you? 

I'm old enough to remember the bad years.  Go ahead and go on your Angel Spending Strike.  I will continue to support the Angels, just like I did when Disney owned them and when the Autry's owned them.  I will say this, I applaud you for your decision to do that.  However you may want to ask yourself why you are here.  This place is basically Angel propaganda website.  It may not be owned by the Angels but it certainly promotes the team and this site could encourage others to spend money on the team.  Oh, and I don't look at baseball as a business as a fan, I would assume that would ruin my enjoyment of it.  I totally get that if you are playing or owning a team it is a business, but as a fan its an awful way to view a great game. 

Because spending time on a website is not promoting people to spend money on something. I am still a fan of the Angels. Just not willing to spend my money on something that I don't believe in the ownership is doing the best for the team. Being a fan and knowing that this is a business is two different things. I guess when I was younger I felt more just fandom for a team. But there is no doubt that this is a business. Players come and go and there is no loyalty at all. Arte will do what is best for first off himself, his pocket books, what sells the most seats and what will bring in the most money. End of story. No owner good or bad will go into a season looking to lose money. These guys are multi billionaires and not stupid. So if I can affect the team that I root for by doing something that does not make Arte and the Angels money then so be it. Till I see something that will change my mind that they are doing something to actually compete then I will spend money again. Until then I would rather spend my money on something that will give me more enjoyment. 

That article is speculative

It seems that many people are missing that central point. The title says "...expected to stay in Anaheim". This tells me that the writer knows nothing for sure and has no inside information, which begs the question as to why this little blurb was ever written. I did like a couple of the responses from fans (who are also assuming that both staying will be the end result, but still):

Only thing more shocking than the Angels disappointing season is that nobody will need to take responsibility for it…..the idea that the “improved” second half showing meant anything should have been dismissed after the disgraceful surrender to the Rangers on the final weekend…..if any team needs a kick in the butt and some fresh thinking, this is the one….instead, looks like another season of declining & overpaid “stars” mixed in with waiver wire stopgaps surrounding Mike Trout.

So disappointing. They did not play “so much better” in the second half. They were two games under .500 at the All-Star Break and ended the season six games under. Even if he isn’t completely responsible for Pujols and Hamilton, Dipoto has to pay for Blanton, Hanson, and co. Scioscia hasn’t been effective at the helm for years. Terrible mismanagement on his part. At least fire Butcher! Throw me a bone for goodness sake.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Not purchasing Angels merchandise doesn't affect Arte's bottom line as much as you would think. Merchandise sales of ALL MLB are part of shared revenue. So are national TV contracts. So if you really want to make sure Arte sees none of your money, then you might as well stop watching anything MLB.

But I would say there is NOBODY that is more disappointed/upset about the Angels current situation than Arte.