• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

And I absolutely cringe if the answer to needing a right handed bat to platoon with Walsh is Taylor Ward.

I would rather throw Upton there and have Adell and Marsh in the lineup together that day.

If Upton plays first base, the ball girl should also be penciled in as a defensive player.

32 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Upton at 1st? 

For the Record, Ward's 2021 Splits vs. Lefties .303 AVG / .395 OBP / .455 SLG 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=wardta01&year=2021&t=b#plato

and Walsh's 2021. vs. Lefties .170 / .208 OBP / .357 SLG

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=wardta01&year=2021&t=b#plato

Forgive me if I see a natural fit. 

I concede the numbers make your point.

I still don’t want to bury Adell or Marsh back in the minors to make way for Taylor Ward’s part time adequacy to compensate for Walsh against left handers.

This brings up another thing that bothers me.  When a young left handed hitter doesn’t rake against lefties, seems like everybody is all too quick to punt on that skill set and platoon.

I think we all should expect guys like Walsh to get better against lefties rather than put band aids on these things.

Edited by Dtwncbad

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’d love to get Stroman but I’ve really convinced myself that signing Chris Taylor and another good bullpen arm or two might actually be the better moves. 

Could be right but that means Syndergaard has to be right and Sandoval has to firmly take the next step forward to be kind of a beast.