• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not a fan of Chris Taylor. I hope the remainder of the money we have to spend is spent on another starting pitcher that can log quality innings and one more reliever. 

Let Wade, Rengifo and B. Davis fight for the starting SS job...or sign Freddy Galvis on a one year deal until one of our own internal guys are ready in 2022. 

Or trade for Kim?

Can’t see Paris being ready for at least two and possibly three years.

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The majority of their improvement needs to come from within. 

Where have we heard that before? 

And frankly, I believe it's a cop out. The belief that the team as constructed is already good enough, you just need to be healthier. I think it's an excuse that holds no water. 

The Angels need to improve. 

They won 77 games last year but their expected win total was 73 games, which suggests they were actually fortunate to win as many games as they did. But even if we can add 8 wins from Trout being healthy, add 5 more from Rendon, your still only looking at an expected win total of 86 games, STILL NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM. 

And yeah, maybe Adell, Marsh, Fletcher and Detmers improve. Maybe they're a 90 win team after that, but that also means no single player on the team can be any worse than they were last year, on top of which, 90 wins still doesn't get you into the playoffs. 

If you want to be a playoff team, expect to need to win 95 games, and even if everything goes right for the Angels they still aren't there, not even with Syndergaard. They need to replace a back end starter with another top end starter like Stroman, and probably one more good reliever.

After that, then I'd say there's a decent chance this is a playoff team. 

Helps if an extra team is added to post-season play (6 in each league).

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Helps if an extra team is added to post-season play (6 in each league).

It's like the kid that tries hard in class but just doesn't conceptually grasp the material. We lower our standards in order to give him a B, applied his bravery and then immediately order an SST and testing to see if he qualifies for having some kind of disability. 

MLB needs Trout and Ohtani in the playoffs so they'll expand the playoff picture and hope and pray Minasian can get this team's act together. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Upton is still on the roster. So in effect they have their outfield set. Soler would be a waste of money. 

Upton is DONE! He can't play defense which he was meh to begin with, His hitting depends on his lower half and that has been broken down for 3 years, he can't get on base and he can't run or steal bases. He will be a 5th outfielder/DH since he can't play defense so that negates the 4th OF'er position for him! 

We are getting a part time offensive hitter for an ABOVE AVERAGE MAJOR LEAGUE WAGE.

I would eat 25-26M of that 28M contract tomorrow and his No-Trade clause and Move him for anything! I would pull a FOWLER like the Cards did with us to the CUBS.... Upton for a PTBNL or cash (10 bucks)... I would even pay him to play somewhere else! Anywhere!

An aged Justin Upton DOES NOT force you into not adding a better defensive player or better hitter. That's just assinine to think that way! 

We already know he won't be re-signed, we know for a fact if he sucks he will be released come August.... So, let's just put out our "OLD YELLER" and move on!

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Upton is DONE! He can't play defense which he was meh to begin with, His hitting depends on his lower half and that has been broken down for 3 years, he can't get on base and he can't run or steal bases. He will be a 5th outfielder/DH since he can't play defense so that negates the 4th OF'er position for him! 

We are getting a part time offensive hitter for an ABOVE AVERAGE MAJOR LEAGUE WAGE.

I would eat 25-26M of that 28M contract tomorrow and his No-Trade clause and Move him for anything! I would pull a FOWLER like the Cards did with us to the CUBS.... Upton for a PTBNL or cash (10 bucks)... I would even pay him to play somewhere else! Anywhere!

An aged Justin Upton DOES NOT force you into not adding a better defensive player or better hitter. That's just assinine to think that way! 

We already know he won't be re-signed, we know for a fact if he sucks he will be released come August.... So, let's just put out our "OLD YELLER" and move on!

Put that all in the complaint box for Arte.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So have we reached the part of the day where it’s too late to get deals finalized ?

there's always the chance that a team has a player in for a physical but has been able to keep things under wrap to this point

5 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Same energy