• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That said, I disagree.  I think the potential loss from trading Marsh or Adell plus Bachman is significantly higher than the 58 million you spend for Castillo and Moose.  The angels situation is a difficult one.  You either burn money or you burn prospects.  I say burn the money.  

To be clear, I don't want either of the scenarios that you mentioned to occur.  As I've said before, I don't think the Angels match up well with the Reds, given what will apparently be required to get one of their good starting pitchers--especially since all three (Castillo, Gray, and Mahle) are only controllable for two seasons.

Really hoping they get Stroman or trade for a #1/#2 starter. After signing Rasiel, my faith has been temporarily restored that they will get something done. If we ended today without Rasiel OR a top starter I'd have figured they were just going to blow it again. With Rasiel, Loup, and Syndergaard signed in willing to wait the offseason without overreacting. Really hope they get Stroman though.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

To be clear, I don't want either of the scenarios that you mentioned to occur.  As I've said before, I don't think the Angels match up well with the Reds, given what will apparently be required to get one of their good starting pitchers--especially since all three (Castillo, Gray, and Mahle) are only controllable for two seasons.

Humbly, in addition to this one may I remind you of the other ideas i have offered in this very thread ! 

sign Stroman

Sign Taylor and Ryan Tepera

Ok, my brain has put a lot of work into these. I have to rest now. 

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That said, I disagree.  I think the potential loss from trading Marsh or Adell plus Bachman is significantly higher than the 58 million you spend for Castillo and Moose.  The angels situation is a difficult one.  You either burn money or you burn prospects.  I say burn the money.  

Then just give Stroman an extra year more than others offer.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Humbly, in addition to this one may I remind you of the other ideas i have offered in this very thread ! 

sign Stroman

Sign Taylor and Ryan Tepera

Ok, my brain has put a lot of work into these. I have to rest now. 

I'm fine with the first.  I still think Taylor is being overvalued at this point. 

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm fine with the first.  I still think Taylor is being overvalued at this point. 

Maybe.  A bit concerned with his 2nd half fall off last year.  But he’s been a pretty good player he fills exactly the roles the Angels needs.  I think that without going too crazy to get him he’s worth the imo fairly limited risk.  I think the chances are that he’s substantially better than the Angels internal options at middle infield.  

and Tepera would just be a good addition to any bullpen. 

I think a trade for one of the Reds arms and signing Taylor would be a nearly perfect offseason without signing a big name pitcher.

That's an additional 20-25M depending on which starter, which brings the salary up to like 190. And I think it makes us the best in the division.