• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

I'm not a fan of Chris Taylor. I hope the remainder of the money we have to spend is spent on another starting pitcher that can log quality innings and one more reliever. 

Let Wade, Rengifo and B. Davis fight for the starting SS job...or sign Freddy Galvis on a one year deal until one of our own internal guys are ready in 2022. 

I think this was @Inside Pitch that first said this, but I think he made a fair point with it. The Angels haven't actually "added"  any pitching yet. So far all they've done is replace last year's pitchers. They replaced Cobb with Syndergaard, Bundy with Lorenzen and Heaney with Barria or Detmers. 

I'm skeptical the team has really improved much at all yet this winter. Getting Aaron Loup helps.  But really, the kind of improvement I think we are all looking for is replacing Heaney, a homer-prone back end starter with Stroman, a front of the rotation starter. 

if they can do that, and add one more reliever and a backup catcher (along with Trout and Rendon being healthy), then I'll be convinced the Angels are more than an 80 win team. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not a fan of Chris Taylor. I hope the remainder of the money we have to spend is spent on another starting pitcher that can log quality innings and one more reliever. 

Let Wade, Rengifo and B. Davis fight for the starting SS job...or sign Freddy Galvis on a one year deal until one of our own internal guys are ready in 2022. 

I’m with you on that. Keep building the pitching staff and get by with a league average infielder. The offense will be fine. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I think this was @Inside Pitch that first said this, but I think he made a fair point with it. The Angels haven't actually "added"  any pitching yet. So far all they've done is replace last year's pitchers. They replaced Cobb with Syndergaard, Bundy with Lorenzen and Heaney with Barria or Detmers. 

I'm skeptical the team has really improved much at all yet this winter. Getting Aaron Loup helps.  But really, the kind of improvement I think we are all looking for is replacing Heaney, a homer-prone back end starter with Stroman, a front of the rotation starter. 

if they can do that, and add one more reliever and a backup catcher (along with Trout and Rendon being healthy), then I'll be convinced the Angels are more than an 80 win team. 

Using this rationale, no team can "add" any players. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Exactly. Even Iglesias isnt an addition... other than in payroll

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

There's no question the Angels are banking on a few things, aside from adding Loup, Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Iglesias. 

Mike Trout and Anthony Rendonn being fully healthy and play a good majority of the games. 

Continued progress and solid returns from Brandon Marsh, Jo Adell, Patrick Sandoval, Jose Suarez and Jamie Barria. 

Fletcher had a down year. Hoping he rebounds. 

Griffin Canning's return.

Time logged and experience from Reid Detmers.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

see my post above

Replacing a bad player with a good player improves the team, but it doesn't add to depth. I think the team (at the end of the year) needs depth and quality and I think the moves they've made so far solve the depth issues because they've brought said players back or have since replaced them with and positional players.

And as for quality, it's a gamble.

I will say this, Syndergaard and Lorenzen have the POTENTIAL to be great than the players they're replacing. 

Edited by Second Base

"Time is on their side". What a joke. Players can't workout at team facilites and some players are still without contracts. If the lockout extends into February then everything else gets pushed back with it.