• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 MLB draft thread

11 minutes ago, failos said:

What can we complain about now? Not enough catchers in the organization? 

The development of these pitchers is all that matters.  It certainly seems like we are seeing a ton of steps forward on the mound this year in the minors and with guys like Sandoval and Suarez.  Hopefully the guys being brought in create some talented depth going forward.  

27 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

So I stopped paying attention after the first round due to work. I understand that we went very heavy on pitching, but can someone fill me in on if the selections make sense/are solid picks with upside?

@Dochalo

@Inside Pitch

@totdprods

They have posted a ton of info in this thread and several of the pitchers selected have their own threads. I'd start there as it's fairly comprehensive 

Excellent, Perry and Co. moving on UDFAs.  This will be important in a short draft era.

It's criminal that we only signed *one* last year in the shortest draft in everyone's lifetime.  That was like passing on your 6th round pick, passing on your 7th round pick, etc.

This year, according to the BA UDFA tracker, we're moving on more players than any other team so far.

3 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Excellent, Perry and Co. moving on UDFAs.  This will be important in a short draft era.

It's criminal that we only signed *one* last year in the shortest draft in everyone's lifetime.  That was like passing on your 6th round pick, passing on your 7th round pick, etc.

This year, according to the BA UDFA tracker, we're moving on more players than any other team so far.

I wonder if a lot of it had to do with Eppler's status. I feel like Arte may not have given Eppler a ton of resources knowing that Eppler wasn't gonna be the guy long-term. Now that a new front office is in place for years to come, Minasian and Co. are being given resources to try and make the organization successful.

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I wonder if a lot of it had to do with Eppler's status. I feel like Arte may not have given Eppler a ton of resources knowing that Eppler wasn't gonna be the guy long-term. Now that a new front office is in place for years to come, Minasian and Co. are being given resources to try and make the organization successful.

Wow, you're hopeful.

Ya'll thought you were joking about catchers.  Four UDFA so far.

• Myles Emmerson, C, Cal Poly
  • Zach Humphreys, C, Texas Christian
  • Kyle Lovelace, C, Houston
  • Gabe Matthews, 1B, Oregon
  • Matthew McMillan, RHP, UT-Tyler
  • Lucas Torres, C, Cayey, P.R.
  • Paxton Wallace, 3B, Wichita State
  • Joey Walsh, LHP, Boston College
  • Kenyon Yovan, RHP/IF, Oregon