• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 MLB draft thread

11 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The Los Angeles Dodgers have selected all pitchers with their 8 picks so far today (only 2 being high schoolers with their first 2 picks). The San Francisco Giants have taken 9 straight college pitchers with their first 9 picks with the exception of taking a college outfielder just now in the 10th round.

But 8 scouts.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I like our second pick a lot.  And our 4th.  Still a little concerned about Bachman and his injury risk. We're in the phase right now where you're saving pool money anyway.  The 11-20 might tell us more.  But I don't think it's gonna be much different.  I really felt there was a chance to got deep on the scouting side for this draft and make some interesting HS picks in round 5-10 or even up to 12.  Not guys I know but guys that a legit scouting department would if they had one.  I'm probably being unfair but no HS players in the first 8 rounds?  That reeks of just not feeling confident because of a lack of resources vs. intention.  The old 'well I guess this is our only choice' sort of mentality which is what makes it feel kind of Dipoto like.  

Hopefully the big difference is that the criteria JD and team used is much different than that of Minasian.  

Gotta remember due to Covid-19 last year many got free years! So, incoming Freshman last year redshirted and guys got 5th years this year!

Which means 2021's incoming freshmen got placed on the bench as well with JUCO transfers sliding in above them and previous years redshirts which Jake Smith was one @ Miami last year.

Great High schoolers this year are more apt to sign due to the back log of College players! So, your borderline guys who may have 1 or 2 tools who would benefit from a redshirt year and 3 years at a 4yr college aren't getting drafted at all. Those players will roll the JUCO route. 

Older arms got an extra year! Even this year they got to play in the Cape Cod League! Normally they don't because the draft is before the league starts in June! Now, due to the Draft date change they could work and showcase!

47 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The Los Angeles Dodgers have selected all pitchers with their 8 picks so far today (only 2 being high schoolers with their first 2 picks). The San Francisco Giants have taken 9 straight college pitchers with their first 9 picks with the exception of taking a college outfielder just now in the 10th round.

College pitchers are the new rondons.

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Soccer mom just grabbed $20 worth of meat from the deli to make sandwiches for her kids. Then a professional chef came in and got $20 worth of meat. 

They both know the same about meat!

They got the same meat and one didn't have to pay for culinary school.

I actually like the draft we had;

1. Bachman, still a little skeptical of the pick, but seeing how far madden fell and the signing bonus for Kumar, I'd take it. The upside is elite. 

2. Bush; I think his upside is more than what people are giving him credit for. I can see an number 2 upside in him, if he can develop a 3rd pitch. 

3. Marceaus, this guy could be another surpise pick un the draft. I still think there is physical development still left and if he puts more wait, we might see more velo. 

The first 3 picks have Middle-of the Rotation upside.