• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 MLB draft thread

8 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

aah, this draft reminds me of that one draft under Dipoto, where we mostly drafted pitchers...Hopefully this time the results are better.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Minaisan is employing Dipoto's "high floor" strategy, but at least he's doing it with something the team needs.

this is totally what it feels like to me although a bit different.  As opposed to high floor low ceiling it feels more like a 'shared data' scenario where most colleges are going to have the tech to hand off to scouts as part of a national database of guys where it's more about their metrics and not about anything else.  

Whereas the HS guys take more time and effort.  You have to go see them and I just don't get the sense that the halos did any of that.  Not wanting to throw cold water on the fact that we're stocking up on pitching but this feels very much like 'next guy on the analytics spreadsheet'.  Yet only of those available on the spreadsheet.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

this is totally what it feels like to me although a bit different.  As opposed to high floor low ceiling it feels more like a 'shared data' scenario where most colleges are going to have the tech to hand off to scouts as part of a national database of guys where it's more about their metrics and not about anything else.  

Whereas the HS guys take more time and effort.  You have to go see them and I just don't get the sense that the halos did any of that.  Not wanting to throw cold water on the fact that we're stocking up on pitching but this feels very much like 'next guy on the analytics spreadsheet'.  Yet only of those available on the spreadsheet.  

I mean we have 8 scouts and Arte's on a budget. He can't be flying them around the country all willy-nilly.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean we have 8 scouts and Arte's on a budget. He can't be flying them around the country all willy-nilly.

and that's really the sense I get here.  Not actual scouting.  Like they didn't prep all that well for their fantasy draft and they're going straight off the cheat sheet someone gave them from one of the analytics fantasy sites.   

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

and that's really the sense I get here.  Not actual scouting.  Like they didn't prep all that well for their fantasy draft and they're going straight off the cheat sheet someone gave them from one of the analytics fantasy sites.   

I do like the first 2 picks but at this point it's like "hey at least one of these guys has to work out, right?"